The YA Addicts. discussion

31 views
What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Hello everybody!

Let me know what you are currently reading in the comments below!

I'm currently reading the January BOTM : The Passing by Cadence Cavanaugh and The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh.

Happy Reading! :)


message 2: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (pageturner51) I am currently listening to the 2nd book of the Miss Peregrine's series. I am also reading Crusade by Nancy Holder and I've been working on Ready Player One as well.


message 3: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
That’s great! How are you enjoying the Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children series so far? I would love to know as I plan on getting to the books eventually.
PS: I’ve watched the movie.


message 4: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (pageturner51) The first one took some time to get to the real core of the plot but it was good. The second one so far has a lot of action and is pretty good! I think I’ll enjoy the series as a whole. I haven’t watched the movie yet because I wanted to at least finish the first book before watching it.


message 5: by Kaya (new)

Kaya | 2 comments I am reading Mistborn: The Final Empire, and City of Bones!


message 6: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Amazing Kaya! I plan on getting to TMI soon too! (Too many books on my tbr:)


CrazyAsACupcake Currently reading A Gathering of Shadows and The Day of the Triffids, both of which I got as Christmas presents.


message 8: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
CrazyAsACupcake wrote: "Currently reading A Gathering of Shadows and The Day of the Triffids, both of which I got as Christmas presents."
That's amazing! Lucky you!


message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily (createavacuum) Just finished reading the BOTM, The Passing by Cadence Cavanaugh. Really enjoyed it!


message 10: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Emily wrote: "Just finished reading the BOTM, The Passing by Cadence Cavanaugh. Really enjoyed it!"

That's awesome Emily!!!!!!! You're a very fast reader! Definitely faster than me. Thank you so much for participating in the BOTM read along! I should be done soon too! (I haven't updated my progress in a while) We can then talk about the book - spoilers and all - maybe even with Cadence who I know will be very pleased to know that you've enjoyed her book! Feel free to message me whenever you want about this book or the other BOTM or just generally about Q&A you may have about this group.


message 11: by Risha (new)

Risha Cha | 3 comments holding up the universe by Jennifer Niven


message 12: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Risha wrote: "holding up the universe by Jennifer Niven"

Awesome! I have to get to All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven :)


message 13: by Christina (new)

Christina Davis (tinamarieandbooks) | 1 comments Currently reading ACOMAF ❤️❤️


message 14: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (pageturner51) I’m now reading Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia and listening to Incarnate by Jodi Meadows.
Eliza is ❤️❤️ right now. Incarnate is the first in a series, so it is a lot of buildup but the story is good!


message 15: by Risha (new)

Risha Cha | 3 comments Imaane wrote: "Risha wrote: "holding up the universe by Jennifer Niven"

Awesome! I have to get to All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven :)"


Oh cool I really like that book tell me if you like it


message 17: by Amie (new)

Amie (amie410) | 2 comments I am reading The Lying Game by Ruth Ware (besides YA, I enjoy psych thrillers!), The Elite by Kiera Cass, and I am going to start something new today but I’m not sure what. Maybe Three Dark Crowns or Warcross.


message 18: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Christina wrote: "Currently reading ACOMAF ❤️❤️"

HAVE to get to SJM this year too!! Oh my tbr is crushing me :)


message 19: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Crystal wrote: "I’m now reading Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia and listening to Incarnate by Jodi Meadows.
Eliza is ❤️❤️ right now. Incarnate is the first in a series, so it is a lot of buildup but th..."


Eliza and her monsters has been on my tbr ever since it came out!! Let me know whether you like it!
I've heard great things about Incarnate too! And it has such a pretty cover!


message 20: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Risha wrote: "Imaane wrote: "Risha wrote: "holding up the universe by Jennifer Niven"

Awesome! I have to get to All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven :)"

Oh cool I really like that book tell me if you like it"


I'll definitely let you know!!


message 21: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Ella wrote: "I'm currently reading Mia's Lists of Ten, To All the Boys I've Loved Before, and Be More Chill

Mia's Lists of Ten by Teddy O'Malley [bookcover:To ..."


Woah those are some amazing books that I need to add to my already over - flooding tbr pile :-)


message 22: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Amie wrote: "I am reading The Lying Game by Ruth Ware (besides YA, I enjoy psych thrillers!), The Elite by Kiera Cass, and I am going to start something new today but I’m not sure what. Maybe Three Dark Crowns ..."

Nice books!! I really want to read Three Dark Crowns and Warcoss. Let me know which one you start and whether you enjoy it :-)


message 23: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Wow I just looked at all the posts in this thread and realized that I keep adding to my already overflowing tbr pile. Truthfully I don't know when I'll get to them but I do hope that day comes soon when I can tell you guys that I've finished reading all the amazing books you guys have read!!


message 24: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (pageturner51) I'm reading Turtles All the Way Down by John Green and I'm now finishing the audio for Daughter of Smoke & Bone. The next audiobook will be The City of Ember.


message 25: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Wow Crystal!! You’re a fast reader! And you read some amazing books.


message 26: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (pageturner51) I listen to audiobooks which helps me add at least one book a week. I commute an hour one way so I get two hours of listening done a day. It’s not the same experience as a physical book but I still experience the book, almost more than physical form.

I’m currently listening to Renegades by Marissa Meyer (I’m about 3/4 of the way done) and reading George by Alex Gino.


message 27: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
That’s great! I have to get used to audiobooks too as I’ll have about 2 hours of commute per day from this year on. So I hope I can really read more books or listen to them. I’ve heard good things about George. Please do let me know whether you enjoy it.


message 28: by Harley (new)

Harley (projectbells) Crystal wrote: "I'm reading Turtles All the Way Down by John Green and I'm now finishing the audio for Daughter of Smoke & Bone. The next audiobook will be [book:The City of Ember|30..."

These books are towards the top of my never ending tbr pile, what did you think?


message 29: by Prachi (new)

Prachi Pati | 6 comments I haven’t read a YA in a while now and the last one I read was by a new author Jina S Bazzar, Heir of Ashes #1 and I enjoyed it. Any recommendations for me? I want to be able to read something light hearted since I already have a lot of books going on the side as parts of other book clubs and I also am looking for a single book and not a book that’s a part of a series since that becomes a commitment then😊


message 30: by Harley (new)

Harley (projectbells) Prachi wrote: "I haven’t read a YA in a while now and the last one I read was by a new author Jina S Bazzar, Heir of Ashes #1 and I enjoyed it. Any recommendations for me? I want to be able to read something ligh..."

Hey Prachi,

Lighthearted? The only one that I have read that comes to mind is a contemporary novel called "Simon vs. the Homosapiens Agenda", I totally recommend and now there is a movie too!

I know that a few other people have recommended other books that are supposedly really lighthearted, but I haven't read them. (A popular one is Geekerella which is apparently MUCH better than it looks or sounds)

Hope this Helps!
Bella xx


message 31: by Prachi (new)

Prachi Pati | 6 comments Thanks a lot Bella!! I’ll check out both the books you’ve mentioned😊


message 32: by Kamna (new)

Kamna | 3 comments Hello everyone,
I am currently reading " All the bright places" by Jennifer Niven. I am actually few pages away from the end. Not giving any spoilers but this really messed up.


message 33: by Harley (new)

Harley (projectbells) Kamna wrote: "Hello everyone,
I am currently reading " All the bright places" by Jennifer Niven. I am actually few pages away from the end. Not giving any spoilers but this really messed up."


How so? I still really need to read that.


back to top