The YA Addicts. discussion

Cadence Cavanaugh
This topic is about Cadence Cavanaugh
Author Q&A > Questions for Cadence Cavanaugh - Author of the Passing

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Guys feel free to add questions below for author : Cadence Cavanaugh about her book the Passing.

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (createavacuum) What storyline was your favorite to write? Which was the most difficult? Do you have a favorite character or one that you really despise?

message 3: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
What will the second book in the series be called? And I second that question - Who is your favorite character to write about? I'm not done yet but I hope we see more of Emane in the next book!!!!

message 4: by Cadence (new)

Cadence Cavanaugh (cadencecavanaugh) | 11 comments Did you want me to answer these throughout the month or towards the end when people have a chance to catch up and read. I don't want to create any spoilers for anyone for the journey.

Also some questions that are asked, for spoiler purposes I may not exactly answer, sorry!

message 5: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Cadence wrote: "Did you want me to answer these throughout the month or towards the end when people have a chance to catch up and read. I don't want to create any spoilers for anyone for the journey.

Also some qu..."

Hey no problem I totally understand the spoiler thing. I think you can start answering the questions from the 20th of January. It'll give people time to catch up.

message 6: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
How many books will there be in this series?

message 7: by Cadence (new)

Cadence Cavanaugh (cadencecavanaugh) | 11 comments Imaane wrote: "Cadence wrote: "Did you want me to answer these throughout the month or towards the end when people have a chance to catch up and read. I don't want to create any spoilers for anyone for the journe..."

I will keep an eye on that date to try to start addressing :)

message 8: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Thank you so much!

message 9: by Cadence (new)

Cadence Cavanaugh (cadencecavanaugh) | 11 comments Emily wrote: "What storyline was your favorite to write? Which was the most difficult? Do you have a favorite character or one that you really despise?"

The storyline I like the most switched often. At times I would get lost and want to add even more to a certain one or get bored and switch off. Other times there were sub-storylines I would've liked to add, but I didn't want to have TOO much going on. I plan to branch off like that in the future to an extent, but near the same pace as the first book.

The most difficult would probably be with the UHA/HSAC seeing as I had to do a lot of research to get my ideas to come across the way I wanted them to.

It's hard to pick a favorite among all my babies. I love them in different ways. I am of course more partial to certain ones, but I don't thing I can pick as of now. As for hate, I'm not a big fan of Gauge.

message 10: by Cadence (new)

Cadence Cavanaugh (cadencecavanaugh) | 11 comments Imaane wrote: "What will the second book in the series be called? And I second that question - Who is your favorite character to write about? I'm not done yet but I hope we see more of Emane in the next book!!!!"

I'm juggling a couple names on the second book in the series, but I haven't decided on what one I like best, yet.

As for now, I have no set amount of books in the series. I didn't want to limit it to a trilogy even though that's what is popular. There are many stories that people will like/dislike, evolve and perhaps come to an end completely. Just like shows like Game of Thrones I want it to open up other possibilities and allow readers to see things evolve.

message 11: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Cadence wrote: "Imaane wrote: "What will the second book in the series be called? And I second that question - Who is your favorite character to write about? I'm not done yet but I hope we see more of Emane in the..."

That's a good approach! thank you so much for doing this Q&A:)