Mount TBR 2018 discussion

Level 5: Mt. Kilimanjaro (60) > Determined to tip the balance of my shelves!!!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

GlassasDiamonds | 6 comments Short-ish explanation: Retrenchment. Partner has job prospects overseas. Yay, Adventure! Oh, China....where most of my books are banned and there's a hard limit on books you can import. Books go into storage... expat jaunt goes off on its own tangent and suddenly, I'm in Mumbai, my books are in Sydney but all of a sudden I have Amazon again and THERE ARE ENGLISH LANGUAGE UNCENSORED BOOKSTORES.

I may have gone slightly nuts and now need to remedy this situation... 2018, you're the year!

message 2: by GlassasDiamonds (last edited Jan 09, 2018 09:43AM) (new)

GlassasDiamonds | 6 comments Okay, I think I have this right... (I'll get the hang of this by years end, truly! ARGH!!). Anyhoo -

Kohinoor: The Story of the World’s Most Infamous Diamond

First book of Kilimanjaro finished and it REALLY made me work for it. Kohinoor. Good book, well researched, notable authors, really really difficult read for some reason but I'd promised I'd read it and now I have!

One foot up the mountain, 59 to go.

:-)

message 3: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) GlassasDiamonds wrote: "Short-ish explanation: Retrenchment. Partner has job prospects overseas. Yay, Adventure! Oh, China....where most of my books are banned and there's a hard limit on books you can import. Books go in..."

Wow, sounds like you've lived quite an adventure! Good luck on your climb.