Ticket to Read Book Challenge 2018 discussion

Admin > Questions

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary Manzanares | 73 comments Mod
If you have questions about the challenge, the Goodreads group, or anything else, this is the thread where you should ask them.

message 2: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie (bonbayel) | 48 comments Diedre, there's one called Books you've read and want to read again.

message 3: by Mary (new)

I just saw this - let me check where it is. We aren't completely versed in using GoodReads, so we may have done something so it doesn't appear.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (toddlingchicago) | 2 comments I'm almost done! I'm working on my TBR list for 2019. Will there be a 2019 challenge?

message 5: by Mary (new)

Yes, there will be 2019 challenge, although we're moving the discussion to a Facebook group and the discussion here is so much more complicated. Look for the announcement on January 1st with all the prompts.

I finished completed the challenge and just have to update my list. I was offline for awhile and didn't sync to Goodreads.

message 6: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie (bonbayel) | 48 comments I just finished what I could last night. No Guidebook, though. I could add a grammar book or two, but I don't think they'd be of interest to "the general public!"
I discovered the GoodReads Challenge, and decided that I could easily be reading 100 books, because I'm retired, and also read books to put in my Little Free Library. Getting towards Christmas I was reading about 3 books at a time, some in other languages, which go slower. But I'm up to about 104, now! And then I've been reading every book in the NYT/PBS Book Club, several of which I have put here, because I really enjoyed them. I don't think I'll do this as religiously next year, and I'll keep the GoodReads Challenge down to a lower number, too.
Thanks for the Challenge! I's been fun, and I've gotten some reading ideas from you all, too!
I assume this will stay up, so we can refer to it for reading next year?

message 7: by Mary (new)

I'm so glad you got new ideas on what to read - that really is the goal of the challenge, not ticking off a list. We'll have a new list of prompts announced on January 1st, and this one will remain here on Goodreads. I'll post the new list here, but we'll move book discussions to a new Facebook group. (It's so much easier to have a conversation there than here on goodreads.) You're welcome to join us there.