Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > Amazon Voyage Software Issues? (5.8.11)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David (bodam) | 11 comments About a month ago I updated my Voyage to the current firmware - 5.8.11. Since that time, I've had to hard power restart it after a freeze at least three times. I was wondering if anyone else is having issues?

message 2: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 17 comments My Voyage has 5.8.11 firmware, but I have not had any problems with it. Hope your issue gets resolved!

message 3: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 438 comments David wrote: "About a month ago I updated my Voyage to the current firmware - 5.8.11. Since that time, I've had to hard power restart it after a freeze at least three times. I was wondering if anyone else is hav..."

the current update level is 5.9.2.0.1 so you might want to update it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...

it might fix any problems you have. Also check and make sure it's not full or that you have a book stuck indexing:

tap in search box on Home page
enter a nonsense phrase like fgkljgf
tap on the Search Everywhere on the bottom of the pop up window
if you see Text in Books (xxxx not indexed), you have a stuck book

message 4: by David (new)

David (bodam) | 11 comments Interesting.......I had thought it was the latest version. It detected the version that I had installed a few weeks ago and applied it (5.8.11.) I now look and you are right, there is a newer version. I tried rebooting it several times and forcing a sync but it never picked the update up, so I resorted to downloading it and copying it over via the PC. I then applied the update, and I am now on 5.9.2.0.1. I guess I can now see if my problem goes away.

This is the second time since getting it that the Voyage did not detect a newer version. Hmmmm.

message 5: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 438 comments it was only released a short time ago and Amazon sends out updates in batches so either yours has not yet been sent or when they sent it, you were not connected wirelessly for long enough for it to download (it's fairly large)

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina (littlelizard) Hey there...I'm also having some trouble with my kindle fire HD 6. For some reason, it won't connect to the bookstore. The bookstore closes itself after a few seconds and jumps back to the previous page. Unfortunately, I live in NZ and there is customer hotline to call and Amazon hasn't got back to me about this. Any ideas?
Thanks for your help!
Charlie :)