2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > 35/20 2018 Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shahbaz (new)

Shahbaz I want to read at least 35 traditional paper books (mostly non fiction) and listen to 20 audiobooks (most fiction).

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Wishing you the best of luck with your goal Shabhaz & a very happy reading/New Year!!

message 3: by Shahbaz (new)

Shahbaz Happy New Year Susy!

message 4: by Shahbaz (new)

Shahbaz Yes actually i do have a list of about 50 books of which I will read 35 books and I also have a list for audiobooks. Most of my 35 print books are going to be about civil war, civil rights, some current events etc and most of the novels/fiction I will be listening.

message 5: by Shahbaz (new)

Shahbaz I may participate in some challenges.

message 6: by Shahbaz (new)

Shahbaz By the way you and baby look great together:). I also have a daughter who will be 4 months old tomorrow.

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12049 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 8: by Shahbaz (new)

Shahbaz Thank you very much Blagica!

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12049 comments Hoping your first month was a success!

message 10: by Shahbaz (new)

Shahbaz I've already listened to 16 audiobooks and read 4 print books.

message 11: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Shahbaz wrote: "I've already listened to 16 audiobooks and read 4 print books."

Wow, that means you've almost reached your audiobooks-goal?!

Which was your favourite book so far?

message 12: by Shahbaz (new)

Shahbaz That's all because of my now 5 months old daughter who likes to sleep in my arms for at least 3-4 hours at night. I often take her outside for a walk so that helps too. My favourite books would be
1) Tell me more by Kelly Corrigan & 2) Devil's bargain by Joshua Green. Even though I gave 5 stars to many audiobooks but I was bit disappointed with most of them. They are all so depressing. Maybe you could suggest a more cheerful book?

message 13: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12049 comments Hoping March is a great month for you. 25 books that is fantastic!

message 14: by Susy (last edited Mar 03, 2018 12:17AM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) Shahbaz wrote: "That's all because of my now 5 months old daughter who likes to sleep in my arms for at least 3-4 hours at night. I often take her outside for a walk so that helps too. My favourite books would be
1) Tell me more by Kelly Corrigan & 2) Devil's bargain by Joshua Green. Even though I gave 5 stars to many audiobooks but I was bit disappointed with most of them. They are all so depressing. Maybe you could suggest a more cheerful book? ."

So sorry for my late reply Shabaz! Somehow I missed your comment.

That's a lovely way of combining your reading and spending time with your little girl <3

Now that I think of it, I haven't really read any really cheerful books myself. The only one book that comes to mind that was a bit of a light reading was Walking Wisdom: Three Generations, Two Dogs, and the Search for a Happy Life (but it wasn't my favourite either). Ready Player One isn't a "cheerful" book but I quite liked it (and ends in a positive way). I also really liked the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.
Good luck Shahbaz! I hope your next reads will be less depressing!

message 15: by Shahbaz (new)

Shahbaz It's never too late! I've read 26 books already. Now I'm reading more serious books so it's taking bit longer but I'm still hoping to complete the challenge by the end of this year.

message 16: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Shahbaz wrote: "It's never too late! I've read 26 books already. Now I'm reading more serious books so it's taking bit longer but I'm still hoping to complete the challenge by the end of this year."

I have two quite big reads to do for work, so that'll probably slow me down as well.

Good luck Shahbaz!

message 17: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12049 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 18: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12049 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 19: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12049 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!