2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Janni_B's Challenge 2018 (well not so much a challenge, more a goal!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janni_B (new)

Janni_B I love reading but there is no point in putting pressure on myself to read more books than last year. I set my goal for 2017 at 30 and read more than that. I'm doing the same for 2018 so 30 it is and I expect I'll read more.

As a member of NetGalley I get to read all sorts of wonderful books but there are some in my kindle app that I have actually bought during 2017 but have never read so I think my challenge will be to read at least some of them.

I think one of my goals should be to organise my time better. I don't want to spend all my time reading (much as I love getting lost in a book). I think I should DO more this year - drawing, painting, stitching. Can I fit it all in? Hmmm .... we'll see.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Burton | 234 comments Good Luck on your goal!!

message 3: by Janni_B (new)

Janni_B Jennifer wrote: "Good Luck on your goal!!"

Reading 30 books is very 'do-able'.

The other goal..... well I'll just have to try. It hasn't worked before and I don't have the excuse of having to work. I'm retired!

message 4: by Susy (last edited Jan 06, 2018 01:04AM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) Janni_B wrote: "I love reading but there is no point in putting pressure on myself to read more books than last year. I set my goal for 2017 at 30 and read more than that. I'm doing the same for 2018 so 30 it is and I expect I'll read more.

Sounds good Janni! Wishing you the best of luck with your goal & a very happy reading/New Year!!

I think one of my goals should be to organise my time better. I don't want to spend all my time reading (much as I love getting lost in a book). I think I should DO more this year - drawing, painting, stitching. Can I fit it all in? Hmmm .... we'll see. "

I'm so glad you mention this. It has been quite a dilemma for me, because on the one hand I want to read more but on the other hand there are other things I would like to pick up again like sports, photography, dancing etc etc., next to a very busy full time job. I just don't know how to combine both wishes/goals....

message 5: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments Hoping you had fun getting lost in some pages in your first month!

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments Two months down ten to go! I hope March is a success for you.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3273 comments I totally get where you're coming from Janni! This year my main goal is just to read whenever I feel like it, because I feel like it. If I read more than last year - great!, if not - that's fine too.

Netgalley is definitely both my best friend and worst enemy when it comes to my reading, simply because I could just peruse those pages for eternities!

30 books is certainly a sound goal for 2018! I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing what you'll be reading throughout the book :) Good luck!

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!