Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Please add to series

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 10 comments Hi there!

Please kindly add Ascendant Army

to this series:

https://www.goodreads.com/series/1834...

Thank you!

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 10 comments Oh, and it is the third and final book, i.e. "book 3"

message 4: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Mancini | 3 comments I think I can comment in any of the "request to add series" threads I'm hoping. I'm new to the group. Anyway, I contacted Goodreads via e-mail because under my profile under "series by Caitlyn Mancini" it didn't show all the books in my SKIE series. There are two books. They fixed it so that when you click on the title "Series by Caitlyn Mancini" it shows both books, however, still when you visit the profile page and scroll down it still only shows 1 book under "series". Can you please change that to show S.K.I.E. Secrets (S.K.I.E. #2)?

message 5: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20005 comments Caitlyn wrote: "I think I can comment in any of the "request to add series" threads I'm hoping. I'm new to the group. Anyway, I contacted Goodreads via e-mail because under my profile under "series by Caitlyn Manc..."

When a thread is not linked to a specific book or author in the topic header it can be used for other requests.
Starting a new thread is generally better noticed.
And your request is off topic for the title of this thread.

That said, author pages are heavily cached and can sometimes take up to 2-3 days to fully update. Since both books are correctly in the series, you'll just have to wait.

message 6: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Mancini | 3 comments Arenda wrote: "Caitlyn wrote: "I think I can comment in any of the "request to add series" threads I'm hoping. I'm new to the group. Anyway, I contacted Goodreads via e-mail because under my profile under "series..."

I realized my mistake and created a new thread under adding a book to profile. Here's the link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I assume you mean that it will take 2-3 days to show up after the Goodreads person just updated the series, because it does show when you click on it just not on the main profile page under "series". Because my book 2 came out July of 2017.

message 7: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 10 comments Arenda, just wanted to say thanks. Happy New Year.

message 8: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Caitlyn wrote: "... I assume you mean that it will take 2-3 days to show up after the Goodreads person just updated the series, because it does show when you click on it just not on the main profile page under "series". Because my book 2 came out July of 2017. "

That is correct. Books are only added to series by librarians, not automatically when they arrive on Goodreads, and it takes a few days for any addition to series to also appear on the author profile page.