VT Christian Reading Challenge discussion

Read With a Buddy > Book suggestions for Read With a Buddy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 85 comments Mod
If there's a book you would like to read and discuss with one or more members of this group, please list it on this thread. It would be best if you use "add book/author" (above the comment block) to link your book.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 112 comments Mod
How about Gospel Wakefulness? It fits several categories, too - written by a pastor, book about theology.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Ray Amanda wrote: "How about Gospel Wakefulness? It fits several categories, too - written by a pastor, book about theology."

It does happen to be on my TBR list.

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments I think Gospel Wakefulness is a great choice. :)

message 5: by AlegnaB † (last edited Jan 19, 2018 06:17AM) (new)

Amanda wrote: "How about Gospel Wakefulness?..."

I created a thread for discussing it: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/....

message 6: by Jane (last edited Jan 28, 2018 07:59PM) (new)

Jane | 69 comments Alegna,
Can you set up a folder for Love Your Body by Nancy Pearcey? She's a wonderful writer and this is her newest book which Challies gives 5 stars to. It was just published so would work for the "Book published in 2018" category.
Once set up, anyone could post at any time and not be concerned about a start or finish date. If you set your email up to get everything posted in this group it's possible to follow all comments all year.
Love Thy Body Answering Hard Questions about Life and Sexuality by Nancy R. Pearcey

message 7: by AlegnaB † (new)

Jane wrote: "Alegna,
Can you set up a folder for Love Your Body by Nancy Pearcey? She's a wonderful writer and this is her newest book which Challies gives 5 stars to. It was just published so would work for th..."

I did that, although I put an April 30 end date. I can change the date if you want me to. I deleted your request under the Sproul book thread in Group Reads and added a thread for book suggestions in that folder.

message 8: by Jane (new)

Jane | 69 comments Thanks, Alegna! Should the end date be changed to further along in the year since the book is so new and honestly expensive? I did buy it as I like her writing so much but maybe there will be a Kindle sale on it before the end of the year. All that to say, maybe a December end date would be more flexible. If I see a Kindle sale, I'll post it.