2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Denise's Challenge

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Denise (ramblingoutloud) (denisetheprocrastinator) Hello!

I'm very much a newbie around these parts of Goodreads, but I think I'm going to like it here.
2017 I read 67 books. This year I'm taking it a bit easier and want to focus on broadening my reading (but I do read for the pleasure, so I won't stray too far).

40 books is set and it will basically consist of the Popsugar Reading Challenge. I usually read mostly YA, contemporary, fantasy, steampunk and all that comes with it, so I'm hoping for more diversity!

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Hi Denise, wishing you the best of luck with your goal & a very happy reading/New Year!!!

message 3: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

Denise (ramblingoutloud) (denisetheprocrastinator) Susy wrote: "Hi Denise, wishing you the best of luck with your goal & a very happy reading/New Year!!!"

Thank you! Good luck to you, as well :)

Denise (ramblingoutloud) (denisetheprocrastinator) Blagica wrote: "Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year."

Thank you, I hope you have a good reading year! :)

message 6: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Denise wrote: "Susy wrote: "Hi Denise, wishing you the best of luck with your goal & a very happy reading/New Year!!!"

Thank you! Good luck to you, as well :)"

Thx Denise! :)

Denise (ramblingoutloud) (denisetheprocrastinator) I'm currently reading the seventh book of the year - woah, right? Squeezing in as much as I can between all the other parts of life :P

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Denise wrote: "I'm currently reading the seventh book of the year - woah, right? Squeezing in as much as I can between all the other parts of life :P"

7th book??? Wow, indeed!!!

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments Hoping your first month was a success! Congratulations on your progress!

Denise (ramblingoutloud) (denisetheprocrastinator) I don't know how it happened, but I've read 18 books up until now. 11 of them have fit the challenges. So, I've got a pretty good start, it seems :D

message 11: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Denise wrote: "I don't know how it happened, but I've read 18 books up until now. 11 of them have fit the challenges. So, I've got a pretty good start, it seems :D"

Pretty good! Now there's an understatement! LoL
Hope February will be as awesome!

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments Awesome progress so far Denise Hoping March is a great month for you.

message 13: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

Denise (ramblingoutloud) (denisetheprocrastinator) Blagica wrote: "A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?"
Colleen Hoover's "It Ends with Us" really stuck with me. Not 5 stars, but still amazing!

message 15: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patea) | 172 comments Hi Denise,
I got curious about C. Hoover's novel. I see it's part of a series, but is it self-standing (I'm not ambitious enough to read the previous 3 books before this one)?
Thanks!
Patricia

Denise (ramblingoutloud) (denisetheprocrastinator) Hi Patricia!
I don’t think it’s part of a series. It certainly reads like a standalone! (I am quite a lazy reader, so I tend to not start series if I can help it :P)
/ Denise

message 17: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patea) | 172 comments Thank you, Denise. Great! I think it'll be next on my list.
Patricia

Denise (ramblingoutloud) (denisetheprocrastinator) Sounds like a great plan! :)

message 19: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! You are doing great keep it up!