READATHONS discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Updates

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by β™› may (new)

β™› may (may-may) | 62 comments Mod
hey guys, we'll use this thread to keep updated on the readathon.

hope everyone is making progress bc im not πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

message 2: by Elle (new)

Elle (ellexamines) (ellexamines) hey!! I finished Autoboyography at like 2 am, and now I’m trying to finish A Good Idea by Christina Moracho - I’ve read around 150 pages of it today.

message 3: by MaryGrace (new)

MaryGrace | 54 comments Yeaaah I've read about 10 pages since last night. This is slowww going

message 4: by Viola (new)

Viola (violalid) | 2 comments Iβ€˜ve failed today. Started reading and then fell asleep and when I woke up I got a call from my studying group to go through some school stuff in the library smh 😩 so life got in my way. Iβ€˜m gonna start all over again tomorrow (the 2nd). Good luck to the rest of you all. I hope you all are having a successful readathon unlike me πŸ˜…

message 5: by Sabrien (new)

Sabrien Abdelrahman So I spent 12-3 reading
Then 3-6 sleeping
And then reading for most of the day (minus like two hours cause family)
So I finished Angelfall by Susan Ee (I already had 100 pages finished prior to today)
And am almost finished with Strange the Dreamer (345/532) but also had already been on page 220 or so prior to today (am just tackling my currently readings today, as much as I can anyway because I have too many). After Strange the Dreaner I want to read as much of the Wrath and the Dawn as I can (don't know if I'll finih though, even though I'm about a quarter of the way through).

message 6: by may ➹ (new)

may ➹ (may_onnaise) | 9 comments i finished Dear Martin some time ago & am now starting Finnkin of the Rock!!

sky ⚑️ (leviosky) i finished Fantastic Beasts early this morning and im working on reading Midnight Thief because it’s more reasonable than my original plan of reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix haha.

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin | 3 comments Im about 180 pages into A Darker Shade of Magic. I'm spending time with family now but I'm hoping to finish it later tonight

message 9: by Khadidja (new)

Khadidja  | 5 comments Just Finished Red Winter i don't know if i will move to the next book in the series or start a new one. It's 20:48 here I DONT HAVE MUCH TIME LEFT

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I read from 12-3 and then I slept until 8:45, even though I wanted to get up at 6:30 to continue reading. Then I had to edit for three hours and all-in-all, I've read 32 pages into This Savage Song and 113 pages into A Darker Shade of Magic.

message 11: by Jiana (new)

Jiana | 22 comments Mod
well i'm such a fail i slept so much today?? i can't resist sleep oops. i'm almost halfway!

message 12: by MaryGrace (new)

MaryGrace | 54 comments Jiana wrote: "well i'm such a fail i slept so much today?? i can't resist sleep oops. i'm almost halfway!"

I feel like people either love or hate the writing in I'll Give you the Sun. I happen to love it but some people find it all over the place. I hope you're the former

message 13: by mxa β˜‚οΈŽ (new)

mxa β˜‚οΈŽ | 37 comments Mod
Just like Jiana, I slept way too much today... I don't remember the last time I actually napped twice during the day πŸ˜‚
Regardless, I managed to finish Thanks for the Trouble which is sooooo underrated btw. I didn't expect to love it :')
I read like 25%? of An Enchantment of Ravens and unfortunately I'm not enjoying it and feel like putting it off. oops :/

message 14: by Sabrien (new)

Sabrien Abdelrahman Maram, I advise you to switch it up to a different book and not force yourself through one you're not enjoying. If you want to come back to it later, you can, but I don't want you to fall into a slump or feel bored. Find something fun!

sofia (sam willows) (samwillows) | 2 comments I’m almost finishing They Both Die At The End! loving it a lot, but sadly it’s the only book I’m gonna be able to read today bc I slept too much lmao

message 16: by β™› may (new)

guys we all just slept through our readathon πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ im so proud

good job to everyone tho! it was still a fun experience

message 17: by Sabrien (new)

Sabrien Abdelrahman Alright I'm about to go to sleep even though there's an hour left since I didn't sleep much this morning and I'm satisfied with the results of my first readathon. I finished two books on my currently reading today (not start to finish, but still), Angelfall and Strange the Dreamer, and I finished most of (75%) the Rose & the Dagger. Good night and thanks for this readathon, it really started to help me get my shit together (reading-wise) πŸ˜‚. Also a great kickoff to my 2018 reading challenge.

message 18: by Erin (new)

Erin | 3 comments Two hours left for me! I have about 100 pages left in A Darker Shade of Magic so I'll definitely finish it! Thanks for hosting this read-a-thon! It's been so much fun

sky ⚑️ (leviosky) two hours left for me! im not sure if i’ll finish the books im currently reading, but i definitely read more today than i would on any regular day. and this has made me want to continue reading a lot over the next few days of winter break. this was super fun, thanks for hosting it!!

message 20: by β™› may (new)

i've officially hit midnight and i got 400 pages done (i finished enchantment of ravens and a third of My True Love Gave to Me)

thanks to every one of your beautiful faces for participating with us and making it so much more fun and motivating. and thanks to amy for suggesting the idea to start with, we're definitely gonna have more of these readathons!!

message 21: by mxa β˜‚οΈŽ (new)

mxa β˜‚οΈŽ | 37 comments Mod
Sabrien wrote: "Maram, I advise you to switch it up to a different book and not force yourself through one you're not enjoying. If you want to come back to it later, you can, but I don't want you to fall into a sl..."

hahahaha yes i'm putting it on hold 😊

message 22: by Jiana (new)

Jiana | 22 comments Mod
MaryGrace wrote: "Jiana wrote: "well i'm such a fail i slept so much today?? i can't resist sleep oops. i'm almost halfway!"

I feel like people either love or hate the writing in I'll Give you the Sun. I happen to ..."

it’s got a weird writing style but i got used to it! i like the book a lot

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.