The Bibliophiles discussion

Book of the Month > What is your January BOTM?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lml369_07) | 1048 comments Mod
Hello! Since I got behind on everything this holiday season, I thought I would make life easy and just do a thread about what your own January BOTM was. Tell us what your main read for the month was and what you thought about it! I can't wait to hear what everyone read!

message 2: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 154 comments You mean like last January?

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Just finished The Beauty Vol 2 and it was a great way to start my January. I'll continue to post my thoughts on what I've read this month and then decide what my favorite was for the month. Excited to see what everyone else read and enjoyed throughout the month.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Dustin wrote: "You mean like last January?"

Sorry for the misunderstanding Dustin. I just meant what is your main/big/favorite read of the month? Sorry for the late reply also

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Nikki (Nyx) wrote: "Just finished The Beauty Vol 2 and it was a great way to start my January. I'll continue to post my thoughts on what I've read this month and then decide what my favorite was for the month. Excited..."

That sounds awesome! My January BOTM is Oathbringer. It's taking me forever to read through it because life is so dang busy but I'm getting there. It's so good! The world that Brandon Sanderson builds in this series is just perfection! I highly recommend it to anyone that is open to diving into a long series that is not yet finished but is definitely a wonderful wonderful story to delve into!

message 6: by Adam (new)

Adam Driscoll (mwanzo) Hey all - excited to be a part of this group.

My BOTM this month is twofold. I'm reading the classic, "To Kill a Mockingbird" and the newest release of Arundhati Roy, "The Ministry of Utmost Happiness." These are the two I'm definitely looking forward to the most in the next couple of weeks.

I've seen a lot of people reading/recommending Oathbringer. Hope you really enjoy it!

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Adam wrote: "Hey all - excited to be a part of this group.

My BOTM this month is twofold. I'm reading the classic, "To Kill a Mockingbird" and the newest release of Arundhati Roy, "The Ministry of Utmost Happ..."

Thank you and welcome! I am a forever fan of To Kill a Mockingbird but I have yet to hear of The Ministry of Utmost Happiness. It sounds like an interesting book. Can't wait to hear your take on it!

Oathbringer is worthy of all praise!!

message 8: by Lisa (new)

How is everyone's January reading goings?

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Really well! I read a bit of manga (black butler vol 1 &2) which I enjoyed. I also read The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison and holy sh*t it blew me away!!! I meant to read just a couple chapters before bed and it just sucked me in. I finished it all that night I literally could not put it down. That one is definitely holding the place for my favorite book this month as of right now.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Nikki (Nyx) wrote: "Really well! I read a bit of manga (black butler vol 1 &2) which I enjoyed. I also read The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison and holy sh*t it blew me away!!! I mea..."

Awesome! I have not heard of this Black Butter manga but I have had The Butterfly Garden on my to read list for quite a while. I'm so glad to hear its that good! Can't wait to read it now! Yay!