Bailey's/Orange Women's Fiction Group discussion

The Table of Less Valued Knights
This topic is about The Table of Less Valued Knights
2018 Book of the Month > January 2018 The Table of Less Valued Knights

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Val (new) - rated it 2 stars

Val Happy New Year everyone.

Our first book of the year is The Table of Less Valued Knights by Marie Phillips

It is a humorous take on Arthurian legend, so not too taxing for anyone still recovering from Christmas and New Year indulgence.

Penny | 680 comments Mod
Happy New Year Val!! and to all of our group!

Lisa (lisadannatt) | 13 comments Just started this. It's a lot of fun so far. Particularly enjoying Conrad and Jemima's part of the tale.

Lisa (lisadannatt) | 13 comments Finished this yesterday. A quick, fun read.

I particularly enjoyed the satire of Arthurian legend and how unpredictable events were.

Penny | 680 comments Mod
just about to start - am looking forward to something 'fun' as so many of these books are very serious!

message 6: by Val (last edited Jan 14, 2018 01:58AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Val It is fun, although I did find the humour a bit heavy handed (and not a patch on either 'Monty Python' or Mark Twain).

message 7: by Monica (new) - added it

Monica (sweetclementinewine) | 1 comments I'm late in the game starting this one, but I am so excited to read it!

Penny | 680 comments Mod
I am enjoying this - its totally crazy but that's what I need right now!

Penny | 680 comments Mod
Nearly done with this - I found it dwindled a little in the middle and is really comic whilst being endearingly silly in parts! I 'm just wondering how it will end

Penny | 680 comments Mod
finished this - was a happy romp that became a bit too silly towards the end but still a pleasant read. I think the originality that attracted me to the first part of the book didn't carry through on the story as it progressed. In the beginning it was interesting and funny and I wanted to read it but later when I'd 'got' that bit the actual plot wore a bit thin for me.

Bailey's/Orange Women's Fiction Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Table of Less Valued Knights (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marie Phillips (other topics)