2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Ronda's 2018 Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments My personal challenge this year is 30 - I had to drop it down. I've been at 40 the last two years and have not made it that far. I also joined the A-Z challenge so that must keep me in for at least 26 right!!!

First book for the year is Little Woman (my daughter is thinking of auditing for the musical and I want to know if there is a good part for her!)

message 2: by Vikki-Booksie (new)

Vikki-Booksie Best of luck! I love Little Women and will be on my list at some point this year I’m sure

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ronda wrote: "My personal challenge this year is 30.....First book for the year is Little Woman (my daughter is thinking of auditing for the musical and I want to know if there is a good part for her!)

I read Little Women many years ago and loved it then. I don't do re-reads because there are just too may wonderful books, too many for just 1 lifetime. But I've heard, and it sounds quite logical, that your appreciation for a book varies according to age and stage of life. So maybe I wouldn't love it now, but I sure did then and it's a book I want to keep (selling many of my books cause I simply don't have the space for them). I hope your daughter succeeds in her audition for the musical, sounds awesome!

Wishing you the best of luck with your goal Ronda & a very happy reading/New Year!!

message 4: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments Thanks ladies! I also read Little Woman (seems like a hundred years ago - well over 20 anyway! Enjoying it and glad for the re-read! I do lots of re reads and enjoy it very much :)

message 5: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 6: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments Book 1 - Little Women

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Hoping your first month was a success! Congratulations on your first book!

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ronda wrote: "Book 1 - Little Women"

How did you like it Ronda?

message 9: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments Thanks ladies! I did not have a very successful reading time for January :( I was super busy and had a hard time finding time. I loved Little Women :) I read it a long time ago and was looking forward to a reread of it...

message 11: by Susy (last edited Feb 05, 2018 11:12AM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ronda wrote: "Book 2 - Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race"

Saw the movie and loved it!

Ronda wrote: "Thanks ladies! I did not have a very successful reading time for January :( I was super busy and had a hard time finding time. I loved Little Women :) I read it a long time ago and was looking forw..."

Fingers crossed that February will be better for you.
It has been quite some time for me too that I read Little Women. Remember that I loved it!

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments 4/30 is a great start do you have a book that stands out this year? Also just an FYI your thread says 2019 not 18 if you need help fixing that let me know.

message 15: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments Blagica wrote: "4/30 is a great start do you have a book that stands out this year? Also just an FYI your thread says 2019 not 18 if you need help fixing that let me know."
I seem to have a problem with new years :) LOL!!! I fixed it. I put 2015 for my students the other day and it took ALL day before they even caught it. I don't think I have a favorite so far from the year... However, Hidden Figures was fantastic.

message 16: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments Book 5 - (yes I read this one in less than 24 hours - amazing what some time when the girls are with the husband will allow!)
Turtles All the Way Down

message 17: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments You are doing great. Hoping March is a great month for you.

message 19: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 20: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 21: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments Book 7: The Grapes of Wrath This one took too long... so many things going on in the middle1

message 22: by Ronda (new)

message 23: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments Book 9: Still Me

message 24: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!

message 25: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments Book 10: Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose -- Maybe my favorite book all year.

message 26: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments Book 11: Speak

message 27: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Awesome job so far it looks like you have read some great books so far.

message 28: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments so so far behind - Book 12: Robin

message 29: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ronda wrote: "so so far behind - Book 12: Robin"

Hope you're enjoying your reads Ronda! That's way more important than how many you are reading :)

message 30: by Veda (new)

Veda  (moonchild63) | 40 comments 4 out of 12 💃- considering signed up recently - that's awesome!

Yet, it Bedlam (Young Sherlock Holmes, #3.5) by Andy Lane took me longer then it should have for a short story (35 pages in all) because I was confused by 'how' it fit in the series of Andrew Lane 'Young Sherlock Holmes,' I kept putting it down & the 2018 Reading Challenge had me pick it & the pace up!

message 31: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments Book 13 Mortal Engines

message 32: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments You are on your way to having a great year in books! Do you have a book you still can't wait to read?

message 34: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments Blagica wrote: "You are on your way to having a great year in books! Do you have a book you still can't wait to read?"

I don't even know anymore - so many I want to read, but time is blah!

message 35: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Good luck trying to pick one.

message 36: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments Book 15: Sleeping Murder

message 37: by Ronda (new)

message 38: by Ronda (new)

message 39: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments My first audio book in the car... it was fun to "read" this way! Book 18: Telling the Bees

message 40: by Ronda (new)

message 41: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments Book 20: The Great Gatsby -- Finally Christmas break - time to read :)

message 42: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments Book 21: The Awakening

message 43: by Ronda (new)

Ronda Nichols | 320 comments book 22: Dear Evan Hansen