2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Burning Room (Harry Bosch, #17; Harry Bosch Universe, #26)
This topic is about The Burning Room
The Burning Room > Question J

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Ana ends up getting murdered after learning of Bosch and Soto’s visit. Do you understand why this happened?

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments Searching my memory here...Wasn't she killed by the insurgents in the area where she traveled on a mission?

message 3: by Jonetta (last edited Feb 03, 2019 09:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I actually got the book and read that section and am still confused. Someone told the narcos that she was a police informant and they tortured and murdered her. I got the impression she made the call. It was very confusing.

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments You could be right, she might have been the caller.

I got the impression that she preferred death over incarceration and the humiliation she faced for helping to cause those children’s death. Contacting those narcos assured certain death, even though it was brutal. I believe she believed in her vows.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I also understood that she deliberately informed on someone so that she would be killed - suicide by insurgent. She had spent most of her life repenting and seeking redemption, so perhaps she saw this end as the most self-sacrificing. That said, it was also the coward's way out.

I agree, Lauren. Owning up to child murder would have been tougher.