2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Burning Room (Harry Bosch, #17; Harry Bosch Universe, #26)
This topic is about The Burning Room
The Burning Room > Question D

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
As they investigated the fire at Bonnie Brae, Bosch and Soto discover a connection to an armed robbery of EZBank, located near the building. Were Bosch and Soto that good or should the other detectives have made that connection?

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments I think they are just that good. I probably don't think the same way a detective thinks, so I would never come up with a building being set on fire so the police are too busy to respond to a bank alarm.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
I think so, too. Harry has unique skills in being able to see and develop angles in a case. It’s not so much that the other detectives slacked off on the case, they just lacked the kind of insight that seems to be innate in Harry.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I understood that the original detectives on the robbery case did make the initial connection but ruled it out because the fire was originally classified as an accident and then it was linked to the drug gangs. They also ruled Ana out because she pulled the silent alarm. They just didn't follow through with alternative avenues of investigation.