Christian Books Only Review Group discussion

FULL GROUPS > Group 18- CHRISTIAN NON-FICTION - FULL 26/02/2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Natalie (last edited Jan 26, 2018 03:57PM) (new)

Natalie Vellacott (christianmissionaryuk) We need FIVE Christian non-fiction authors who are willing to review TWO Christian non-fiction books in a month. (Please don't give us lengthy text books to work through)

Please post the link to your Christian non-fiction book and your author name if you want to join this group. I will assign the books when the group is full.

1. DIVINE TRUTHS REVEALED Ariela Solsol 2, 3
2. Begin with Christ Companion Journal Adrienna Turner 4, 5
3. 40 Days with the Fathers: A daily reading plan Luke J. Wilson 2, 4
4. Identity in Messiah - Wendy Halloun 1, 5
5. A Journey Through Ephesus David Gwartney 1, 3

Okay everyone,

You need to read the two books that are next to your name. Please either post your emails in this thread to exchange books or PM each other.

Please also add the books you have been assigned to your bookshelves as this gives an extra visibility boost for the authors.

The reviews should be posted on Amazon US and UK, Goodreads and anywhere else you wish by 26/02/2018 (Feb). Please make sure you add your THREE review links for each book in one post in the comments thread when you have completed your TWO reviews.

Please contact me with any content issues or with other questions. Let's go!

message 3: by Luke (last edited Jan 18, 2018 12:02AM) (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments Hi there, you can add my book if you like: 40 Days with the Fathers: A daily reading plan

message 4: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) Luke wrote: "Hi there, you can add my book if you like: 40 Days with the Fathers: A daily reading plan"

Sounds intriguing and fathers need such a book.

message 5: by Luke (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments Thanks :)

message 6: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Halloun (wordsofclay) | 11 comments My book "Identity in Messiah" is releasing on 21st February. Can I join now or should I wait until it is available on Amazon?

message 7: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Vellacott (christianmissionaryuk) Wendy wrote: "My book "Identity in Messiah" is releasing on 21st February. Can I join now or should I wait until it is available on Amazon?"

You can join now providing you can email a PDF/Word or MOBI file to the two readers when the group starts. By the time the reviews are done, your book should be available to review publicly...

message 8: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Halloun (wordsofclay) | 11 comments Great - I would love to join. I have the pdf version of my book available - just no front cover yet!

message 9: by David (new)

David Gwartney | 3 comments I'll take the last spot. I just released my new book:A Journey Through Ephesus

message 10: by David (new)

David Gwartney | 3 comments Ariela and Luke, my e-mail address is chinole90@yahoo.com. (Luke, I was hoping to get assigned your book!)

message 11: by Luke (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments Your book does sound interesting, David! I'll email you

message 12: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Vellacott (christianmissionaryuk) For those reviewing Wendy, you might need to keep your review somewhere until the book appears on public sites on 21st February!

message 13: by Luke (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments Contact me: hello@fortydays.co.uk

message 14: by Luke (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments How do we get the books to review? Just have them emailed to us?

Also, when leaving a review on Amazon and Good Reads, do we need to say that we did the review for this group etc? Is there a format?

message 15: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Vellacott (christianmissionaryuk) Luke wrote: "How do we get the books to review? Just have them emailed to us?

Also, when leaving a review on Amazon and Good Reads, do we need to say that we did the review for this group etc? Is there a format?"

Hi Luke, yes you need to email them to each other so you might need to contact the others in the group. There are no rules for the reviews, just try to be honest and specific. If you want to leave a 1 or 2 star review, you must put it on Goodreads, but I usually ask the author whether they would like me to put it on Amazon....

message 16: by Luke (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments Natalie wrote: "Luke wrote: "How do we get the books to review? Just have them emailed to us?

Also, when leaving a review on Amazon and Good Reads, do we need to say that we did the review for this group etc? Is ..."

Thanks, I just mean is there some protocol for Amazon to say that you are reviewing due to a swap thing, because I know they can be funny about reviews from non verified purchases

message 17: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Vellacott (christianmissionaryuk) Luke wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Luke wrote: "How do we get the books to review? Just have them emailed to us?

Also, when leaving a review on Amazon and Good Reads, do we need to say that we did the review for thi..."

There are no swaps. If you look at the list it is specifically designed so that you don't swap books! You can't read an author who has read one of your books and vice versa.

message 18: by Luke (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments Ah right, gotcha! Thanks

message 19: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) Wendy wrote: "My book "Identity in Messiah" is releasing on 21st February. Can I join now or should I wait until it is available on Amazon?"

Please send the MOBI or PDF, preferably Kindle, to email deo_adt@yahoo.com (deo UNDERSCORE adt (at) yahoo (dot) com). THanks.

message 20: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Halloun (wordsofclay) | 11 comments Hi Adrienna
I just sent you the pdf file. thanks for reading

message 21: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Halloun (wordsofclay) | 11 comments my email address is wendy@wordsofclay.com - looking forward to some great reading!

message 22: by Luke (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments Hi, can you email me your book please too? :)

hello@fortydays.co.uk

message 23: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) I will check email(s) for books from both Wendy and David.

message 24: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) Luke wrote: "Hi, can you email me your book please too? :)

hello@fortydays.co.uk"

Done.

message 25: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) Ariela

Please send your email address to send you a copy of my companion journal...or PDF file.

Thanks,
Adrienna!

message 26: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Halloun (wordsofclay) | 11 comments Ariela
Can you send me a copy of your book to wendy@wordsofclay.com?
Thanks

message 27: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) I have not heard from Ariela....let me know if you do Wendy

message 28: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) I have completed Identity in Messiah; however, it is not available on Amazon US, UK, nor Goodreads.

I am about 40% with the other selected read (Book of Ephesus)

message 29: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Vellacott (christianmissionaryuk) Adrienna wrote: "I have completed Identity in Messiah; however, it is not available on Amazon US, UK, nor Goodreads.

I am about 40% with the other selected read (Book of Ephesus)"

I did explain above that you will need to hold your review of it until the end of the month when it is released.

message 30: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Halloun (wordsofclay) | 11 comments Adrienna wrote: "I have completed Identity in Messiah; however, it is not available on Amazon US, UK, nor Goodreads.

Hi Adrienna - my book "Identity in Messiah" will be available on Amazon from 28th February. I am sorry for the delay - I will let you know as soon as it is available. Thank you so much for reading

message 31: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) Natalie wrote: "Adrienna wrote: "I have completed Identity in Messiah; however, it is not available on Amazon US, UK, nor Goodreads.

I did explain ..."

I do not think this message was intended for me. I reviewed above, this seems to be for the author.

I would like to know if it will be available on Goodreads. I know I have uploaded my titles way before release dates.

message 32: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) Ariela,
I am not sure if you were able to download a free copy from Smashwords (Begin with Christ companion journal), and I have not heard from you.

You can email me ad-turner@hotmail.com to send a PDF copy then.

message 33: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) Finished the other selected read:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I will not disclose this review on Amazon unless the author sees otherwise.

message 34: by David (last edited Feb 24, 2018 12:50PM) (new)

David Gwartney | 3 comments Finished reading Luke's book. Review links are below. I never heard from Ariela.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-re...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-...

message 35: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Vellacott (christianmissionaryuk) David wrote: "Finished reading Luke's book. Review links are below. I never heard from Ariela.

https://www.amazon.com/..."

Thanks David, please also post your review to Amazon UK. Have you tried messaging Ariela?

message 36: by Luke (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments Thanks for the review David! Glad you enjoyed it, despite the casual tone ;)

message 37: by Luke (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments I also never heard from Ariela in order to send my book 😕

message 38: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Vellacott (christianmissionaryuk) Luke wrote: "I also never heard from Ariela in order to send my book 😕"

Have you contacted her?

message 39: by Luke (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments Where? She's not even been in this conversation has she ?

message 40: by Luke (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments I've sent her a direct message

message 41: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) I haven't heard from ariela either to read bwc book from me.

message 42: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Halloun (wordsofclay) | 11 comments Hi Adrienna and Luke

Sorry for the delay - my book is now on Goodreads and Smashwords and will be on Amazon within 72 hours
Identity in Messiah

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Thanks

message 43: by Luke (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments Wendy wrote: "Hi Adrienna and Luke

Sorry for the delay - my book is now on Goodreads and Smashwords and will be on Amazon within 72 hours
Identity in Messiah

https://www.smashwords.com/books/vi..."

Cool thanks, I'll put my review up shortly :)

message 44: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) Wendy
It will not allow us to share a review on Smashwords unless you have made a purchase. Therefore, I will proceed with the agreement of putting on Amazon US, UK, and Goodreads.

I'll see if it is available on Goodreads now.

message 45: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Halloun (wordsofclay) | 11 comments Thanks for letting me know Adrienna. I had not realised that you had to buy from Smashwords in order to be able to review.

message 46: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Halloun (wordsofclay) | 11 comments Thanks for your rating and review too - I appreciate it!

message 47: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Halloun (wordsofclay) | 11 comments My book is also now on Amazon

message 48: by Luke (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments Hi sorry I've been ill lately so an a bit behind on this. I'll get my review posted today

message 49: by Luke (new)

Luke J. Wilson (mrlewk) | 20 comments Posted my reviews of Identity in Messiah :)

message 50: by Louise (new)

Louise Fugate | 2 comments I am really brand new in this, and I am not sure about what I am doing. I clicked on Tragedy Transformed and ordered it from Amazon. Hope that was ok.

« previous 1