2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Camila´s reading challenge for 50 books

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camila (new)

Camila (camilakaya) | 28 comments This year I will reach my goal of 50 books!

Well, for the second year in a row I didn't reach my goal at 50 books, but I am determined to reach it in 2018 :-)

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Camila wrote: "This year I will reach my goal of 50 books!

Well, for the second year in a row I didn't reach my goal at 50 books, but I am determined to reach it in 2018 :-)"

Persistence wins Camila, so I'm sure this will be your year! I will be rooting for you!
Which book are you starting with?

Wishing you the best of luck with your goal & a very happy reading/New Year!!

message 3: by Camila (new)

Camila (camilakaya) | 28 comments Susy wrote: "Camila wrote: "This year I will reach my goal of 50 books!

Well, for the second year in a row I didn't reach my goal at 50 books, but I am determined to reach it in 2018 :-)"

Persistence wins Cam..."

I am starting with a danish book called "Beskytteren" which means "The Protector". It´s abot a boy who is trying to find his sister, who has been taken by some very big eagles. It is set in some kind of middleage environment.
It's not my ususal choice of book and topic, but I am really enjoying it :-)

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Sounds interesting. Saw that there is only a Danish edition though....

Keep it up!

message 5: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 6: by Camila (new)

Camila (camilakaya) | 28 comments So I finished my first book for 2018 and I really really really liked it :-)

Now reading a horrorstory by one of my favorite Danish authors :-)

Already 2 books behind though......... ;-)

message 7: by Marie (last edited Jan 25, 2018 04:20AM) (new)

Marie | 40 comments Keep up the good work, Camila! Im sure you'll reach your goal this year!

A horror story sounds interesting! May I ask who the author is?
I need to read some more danish books before my exam in June since I've been neglecting my danish books and read English ones instead...

Anyways, good luck and hope you had a great start to the new year!

message 8: by Camila (new)

Camila (camilakaya) | 28 comments Marie wrote: "Keep up the good work, Camila! Im sure you'll reach your goal this year!

A horror story sounds interesting! May I ask who the author is?
I need to read some more danish books before my exam in Ju..."

It's David Garmark.

He wrote "Rakelsminde", that I'm reading at the moment whith his Brother Stephan Garmark.

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments Congratulations on finishing your first three books! Have you joined any challenges to help you along?

message 10: by Camila (new)

Camila (camilakaya) | 28 comments Blagica wrote: "Congratulations on finishing your first three books! Have you joined any challenges to help you along?"

Thank you :-)

Not really. I have my Goodreads Challenge, and I've been looking at Popsugars challenge for 2018.

And then I have my eyes out for readathons throughout the year :-)

message 11: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Camila wrote: "And then I have my eyes out for readathons throughout the year :-) "

Which ones are you planning on joining?

message 12: by Camila (new)

Camila (camilakaya) | 28 comments Which ones are you planning on joining?"

I don't know yet, but I usually do the Dewey's readathons in april and october :-)

But I think I will be joining one or two more this year, if I can find any that is just in weekends. The week long ones isn't for me with a full time job and Family :-)

message 13: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Camila wrote: "I don't know yet, but I usually do the Dewey's readathons in april and october :-)

But I think I will be joining one or two more this year, if I can find any that is just in weekends. The week long ones isn't for me with a full time job and Family :-) "

Same here. How about the 24in48 readathon?

message 14: by Camila (new)

Camila (camilakaya) | 28 comments I never did that one, but I think I will try next time :-)

Are yoy planning on joining?

message 15: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Yes!!! Although I will be on holiday then, so will have to see how it goes....

message 16: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a great month for you.

message 17: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 18: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!

message 19: by Camila (new)

Camila (camilakaya) | 28 comments Blagica wrote: "“I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!"

Favorite readingspot at the moment is my balcony. Enjoying the extremely warm and sunny weather we have om Denmark at the moment :-)

message 20: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Same here: balcony, drinks and books ☀️

message 21: by Camila (new)

Camila (camilakaya) | 28 comments Susy wrote: "Same here: balcony, drinks and books ☀️"

🤣👍🏼 YES!

My husband just brought me a Bailey’s with ice 👍🏼😊