A Stitcher's Book Club discussion

A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)
This topic is about A Darker Shade of Magic
Discussions on Past Books > A Darker Shade of Magic - discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dana | 156 comments Mod
What better way to start off the new year than with tales of fantasy and adventure! What did you all think of this one? What do you think of the differnt Londons? Did you have a favourite? How did you find the chemistry between Kell and Lila? What about Kell and Rhy? Whats lurking in Black London?

Just please remember that we all read at different paces, so if you going to drop a spoiler, please flag it.

Michelle Garrette (bendystitchy) | 34 comments I’m starting this tonight!! So excited.

Michelle Garrette (bendystitchy) | 34 comments SPOILERS!!!

Okay, I'm done! Who else? I'd definitely like to live in Red London, but White London is *fascinating* and Black London seems terrifying/intriguing. I'm excited to find out more about it. The chemsitry between Kell and Lila... I liked it. I liked that it didn't get in the way of the story (as in, battle couldn't start until after passionate kisses) but that it made them both make decisions that they wouldn't otherwise. And I'm tantalized by the relationship between Kell and Rhy, especially at the end. I'm going to NEED more of that. Also. Holland is NOT dead. No way, no how.

Dana | 156 comments Mod
Michelle wrote: "SPOILERS!!!

Okay, I'm done! Who else? I'd definitely like to live in Red London, but White London is *fascinating* and Black London seems terrifying/intriguing. I'm excited to find out more about ..."

I think your going to like the sequals - the chemestry is there in spades - plus more white London...

Michelle Garrette (bendystitchy) | 34 comments Dana wrote: "Michelle wrote: "SPOILERS!!!

Okay, I'm done! Who else? I'd definitely like to live in Red London, but White London is *fascinating* and Black London seems terrifying/intriguing. I'm excited to fin..."

I can't wait then!! I'll have to check my library for the sequels; it's a pretty quick read.

Keri Phillips  | 167 comments I have actually read this once before and (again) I own the rest of the series. What can I say, I have 2 teen girls who read. We could start our own library. I love the idea that 4 worlds all exist at the same place. I'm really hoping Kell and Lila get together. She cracks me up. I love the spunk she has. It seems like the farther they get from Grey London, the worse it is. I'm interested to see how they get back to Black London and what exactly is there.

Eden | 742 comments Mod
Soooo did anybody else have a hard time getting into the grove with this one?? I'm on part 2, and it just feels so slow right now! D; I'm trying to push through.

Cristal | 6 comments one of my all time favorites! really hope you all love it!

Cristal | 6 comments eden the first book I was not understanding the hype then book two I was hooked. It is worth pushing through