2018 Reading Challenge discussion

01/01/18 Readathon > Start of Challenge

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Uebel | 21 comments Mod
Guys, I'm so excited, 2018 is less than 20 minutes away (for me at least)!! And with it, a reading challenge that I get to enjoy with all of you. Go ahead and comment you goal for the readathon (in time, pages, books, etc.) as well as your TBR.

My TBR:
- Finish The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
-Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid
-Love fortunes and Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius
-When We Collided by Emery Lord
-The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
-The Problem With Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Which is a total of 2,853 pages, which is a lot but I'm setting my goals high.

I'd really like to know what you guys are reading and I'll check back in in an hour or so.

message 2: by Lynn (last edited Dec 31, 2017 11:07PM) (new)

Lynn (lynnsreads) I have just read for an hour - midnight to 1 PM. I read student essays. I know this is lame, but my goal is to finish grading the student essays before I go back to work Tuesday morning. I have 98 students and I spend 10-15 minutes per essay. I only have 84 to go. That will take 14 more hours. Sigh. Good night for now. ( Actually I can sneak in some more grading on Tuesday if I have to.)

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnsreads) Amelia I am impressed by your list of books! Good luck. How is it going?

message 4: by Amelia (new)

It's going great, I finished The Hate U Give around 2 a.m. , I read 50 pages of fangirl (around 3 a.m.), 106 pages of Never Always Sometimes, and i'm now listening to the audiobook of Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore. How is your grading going?

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnsreads) Only about 60 essays to go!!

message 6: by Amelia (new)

Helen wrote: "Only about 60 essays to go!!"

Woohoo!!

message 7: by Lynn (last edited Jan 01, 2018 12:35PM) (new)

Lynn (lynnsreads) Way to go on your reading Amelia! I am now taking a mental health break from 2:00 - 2:30 CST to drink hot tea and read good writing. As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner.

message 8: by Lynn (last edited Jan 01, 2018 07:48PM) (new)

Lynn (lynnsreads) Final total for today - pages 1-77 of As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner.

message 9: by Amelia (new)

Great Job Helen! you got a lot done today. Even though I have a few hours to go, I've read about 1000 pages total

message 10: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnsreads) 1000 pages is amazing! Without this challenge I never would have started my Faulkner book, or gone online to read his biography and review which of his short stories I read in college. This is a very good thing. Thanks for the group!