Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

The Warded Man (The Demon Cycle, #1)
This topic is about The Warded Man
Demon Cycle > #1 THE WARDED MAN—Roll Call

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 874 comments Mod
Please let us know if you have read or are planning to read The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett, Book 1 in the Demon Cycle.

*****PLEASE, NO SPOILERS*****

Krista | 35 comments I’m in. Will start later in the week.

message 3: by Nyssa (new) - added it

Nyssa | 14 comments Sadly I had to push this to later in the year (June) while a recuperate from the Christmas season. This is the only unowned series that I plan to read this year, so I'm saving my pennies to get it.

(Before its asked - my library system is sorely lacking. I can rarely find what I want).

Brent | 39 comments Yes I’m starting this series.

Gillian Murrell | 6 comments I would love to read this series

message 6: by Hailee (last edited Jan 01, 2018 04:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hailee | 36 comments I'm reading this series. However I have started the Faithful and the Fallen series already so I'll be reading that first.

I am also reading Gardens of the Moon and Red Seas Under Red Skies this month (with another group) as well so I may not be starting The Painted Man (name of this book in the UK) until a bit later in the month.

Femmy | 32 comments I've read this book and I love it! I won't be rereading it, but will be reading the discussions with interest.

Hailee | 36 comments Nyssa wrote: "my library system is sorely lacking. I can rarely find what I want... "

Its the same for me. Out of curiousity I looked this series up on my library catalogue (although I have already bought it). They had copies of books 2, 3, 4 and 5 in the series but not book 1?!!

I just prefer to buy my books. I feel pressured and stressed if I have a return date hanging over my head the whole time.

message 9: by Nyssa (new) - added it

Nyssa | 14 comments Hailee wrote: "I just prefer to buy my books. I feel pressured and stressed if I have a return date hanging over my head the whole time. "

I feel the same.

It's also a bit frustrating when you're finally ready for the next book, but someone else got it just ahead of you, so you have to wait.

message 10: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 874 comments Mod
I don’t have these books but I am contemplating buying the ebooks to join the discussion.

Marilyn | 20 comments Read it a ling time ago and liked it but will be rereading or at least skimming so I can continue with the series.

message 12: by Gregory (new)

Gregory | 11 comments I have already finished it, and I am planning to purchase Desert Spear sometime in the next couple weeks.

message 13: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
I read this a few years ago, but hope to catch up enough to get a re-read in!

Michael Sanders (neoanomally) | 1 comments I'll be purchasing this book in the next two days. I look forward to reading it starting this weekend!

message 15: by Vera (new) - rated it 2 stars

Vera M. | 37 comments Im in, probably wont get to it until later in the month though

Sabrina I'm in just read this one and recently started with the third in this series.

message 17: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 874 comments Mod
Kathi wrote: "I don’t have these books but I am contemplating buying the ebooks to join the discussion."

And I did, so I’m in! Already started the first few chapters.

Hailee | 36 comments Kathi wrote: "Kathi wrote: "I don’t have these books but I am contemplating buying the ebooks to join the discussion."

And I did, so I’m in! Already started the first few chapters."

How are you liking it so far? I'm looking forward to starting this series.

Are you intending to read The Faithful and the Fallen series as well?

message 19: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 874 comments Mod
Hailee wrote: "How are you liking it so far? I'm looking forward to starting this series.

Are you intending to read The Faithful and the Fallen series as well?”

So far, so good. It is different than I expected, but I really didn’t know anything about the series.

I am not reading The Faithful and the Fallen.

message 20: by JuJu (new) - rated it 5 stars

JuJu | 2 comments I read the first book last year and I love it!
I read the second book too and it is great too.
the third book is the next book I'll read after I finished the one I'm currently reading.

Helen I've read the first three and enjoyed them a lot.

Adrian | 12 comments Was a bit behind but have caught up and finished this earlier this month.

Christina  | 23 comments I just started this a few days ago without realizing that this group is reading the series. I think I'm still unsure if I like it or not. I'm about 30% of the way through the book, and it's holding my interest, but so far, I don't see anything to rave about. Usually by this point I'm hooked on a book.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Warded Man (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Peter V. Brett (other topics)