Austenesque Lovers TBR Pile Challenge 2018 discussion

Y-T-D Challenge Tracker > Dana ' s 2018 JAFF Journey (aka how many levels can I climb?)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments Recommendations are welcome!

message 2: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments 1 done! I finished Mr Darcy's Dryad by Stacy Barton .

I am now reading Darcy vs. Bennet.

message 3: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) Diving right in! Well done, Dana.

message 4: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments Finished #2. Darcy vs. Bennet A Pride and Prejudice Variation by Victoria Kincaid . I rated this book a 4. Loved it. The only problem I had with it was that there was too much kissing. I would have enjoyed more dialogue between Darcy and Elizabeth.

message 5: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1376 comments Wow Dana, you have chosen two that I have not read yet. 4-stars is acceptable. I can see where too much kissing would be a problem especially since this was a Regency Era book. Great progress!

message 6: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments Loved Darcy versus Bennet but I have a soft spot for masquerade.
Thought it was thrilling.

message 7: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments J. W. wrote: "Wow Dana, you have chosen two that I have not read yet. 4-stars is acceptable. I can see where too much kissing would be a problem especially since this was a Regency Era book. Great progress!"

I did enjoy it, though. And I'm now reading another book by the same author. I didn't rate the first book.

message 8: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments This was such a cute novella! I will confess that I wish it was longer. When Mary Met the Colonel A Pride and Prejudice Novella by Victoria Kincaid

message 9: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments Done with number four. I read Bluebells in the Mourning by KaraLynne Mackrory . I have already read it, but it was just as good the second time around.

message 10: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1376 comments Love those re-reads Dana. Sometimes you see things that you missed the first time. Great progress.

message 11: by Debbie (last edited Jan 10, 2018 08:21AM) (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments I need to read When Mary Met the Colonel: A Pride and Prejudice Novella. Everyone seems to enjoy it. I see that it's on KU, so I'll have to snag it when I return one of my KU books to make space for it!

Bluebells in the Mourning is a great one to re-read. I know I've read it at least twice, perhaps 3 times. Haunting Mr. Darcy - A Spirited Courtship by the same author is even better, IMHO. (I think I've read that one at least 4 times!)

Great way to start off your year with these 4, Dana!

message 12: by Mary (new)

Mary | 245 comments Dana,I second Debbie's recommendation! Haunting Mr Darcy is a fantastic read,one I hope you'll love!!!

message 13: by Kirk (new)

Kirk (goodreadscomkirkc) | 789 comments Dana wrote: "Done with number four. I read Bluebells in the Mourning by KaraLynne Mackrory. I have already read it, but it was just as good the second time around."
Great! Happy reading!

message 14: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments Mary wrote: "Dana,I second Debbie's recommendation! Haunting Mr Darcy is a fantastic read,one I hope you'll love!!!"

I have to say that this is one of my favorite authors of JAFF. I have read all of her books at least twice, and am sure I will revisit them all this year.

message 15: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments #5 Sketching Character by Pamela Lynne

Sigh. I just love D&E.

message 16: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1376 comments You have good choices there Dana.

message 17: by Mary (new)

Mary | 245 comments I loved Pamela's book too,Dana.It's a fantastic read. Must check out her other books.

message 18: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments Mary wrote: "I loved Pamela's book too,Dana.It's a fantastic read. Must check out her other books."

I intend to ! I am so loving all the great choices I am finding in this group!

message 19: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments # 6 An Unwavering Trust by L.L. Diamond

message 20: by Mary (new)

Mary | 245 comments Dana,you'll certainly be spoiled for choice here!!

message 21: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments I'm back! It's been a crazy two months, but I managed to sneak in some reading with this book from Jann Rowland.

#7 In the Wilds of Derbyshire by Jann Rowland

message 22: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1376 comments Welcome back Dana... you have moved into the Marianne Dashwood Level... well done.

message 23: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments Well done, Dana! Great that you got some reading in-- and finished a really long book-- while real life has been crazy. Depending on what's going on, escaping into a book can be a great way to stay sane!

message 24: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments #8, Out of Obscurity by Jann Rowland .

I absolutely loved this book. Jann Rowland is now a definite fave. Can't wait to read the next book. I am off to finish some edits that are due tomorrow (Yikes!), but then I am going to be back to the next book on my list.

message 25: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments Yay, Dana!!

message 26: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments #9 Hope For Mr. Darcy (Hope Trilogy, #1) by Jeanna Ellsworth

I thought this was a quick read and a bit different from others I have read.

message 27: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1376 comments Congratulations on your progress.

message 28: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments J. W. wrote: "Congratulations on your progress."

Thanks! I love the low pressure of this group. I tend to read genre's in spurts, so it's nice to be able to read what I want without the pressure of needing to read so much by a set date.

message 29: by Debbie (last edited Jun 14, 2018 04:04PM) (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments Glad you enjoyed your #9, Dana. It's also nice that you're enjoy being part of our crazy crew. We aim to encourage, not to shame!

message 30: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments Debbie, this is my fave group ever.

message 32: by Debbie (last edited Jun 15, 2018 09:45AM) (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments 🍻💐🎉
Off you go, then! 💨

message 33: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1376 comments "So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu"

The lyrics from 'The Sound of Music' are appropriate as you say goodbye to this level.

message 34: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments J. W. wrote: ""So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu"

The lyrics from 'The Sound of Music' are appropriate as you say goodbye to this level."

Yes, indeed.

message 35: by Kirk (new)

Kirk (goodreadscomkirkc) | 789 comments Dana wrote: "#10 Remember the Past: ...only as it gives you pleasure. On to the next level"
Fantastic!!!

message 36: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments #11 Mr. Darcy and Mr. Collins's Widow An Elizabeth and Darcy Story by Timothy Underwood .

I actually had started this one a while ago and had forgotten about it. Not my favorite. It started slow for me and then went too fast. I think this might just be me, though. I really don't like to think of Elizabeth married to Mr. Collins, even if it was before the story started.

message 37: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 1246 comments Nobody does! I kinda liked it anyway, but I think I'm in the minority.

message 38: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments Debbie wrote: "Nobody does! I kinda liked it anyway, but I think I'm in the minority."

LOL. It is interesting to see all the different paths ODC are made to walk.

message 39: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments #12 Pemberley Quaking by Melanie Schertz

message 40: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments Oh, your 12 sounds intriguing. Did you like it?

message 41: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments Vaarin wrote: "Oh, your 12 sounds intriguing. Did you like it?"

Parts of it yes. There was a little too much drama for me, though it was all brought on by others. And literally no conflict between Darcy and Elizabeth. They married and were immediately happy together. We really didn't get to see them falling in love. Maybe it's my background as a romantic suspense author, but I like to see the conflict between them. It makes their falling in love feel deeper to me. I

message 42: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments #13 Shadows Over Longbourn by Jann Rowland

message 43: by Elin (new)

Elin Eriksen (vaarin) | 545 comments Thank you Dana, it sounds like my cup of tea as I like the stories where it is them against the world rather than them at odds.

message 44: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments # 14 Bound by Love by Jann Rowland .

I had read this before. I enjoyed it the first time around. This time, I found that there were some things that bothered me about it. It was still a good book, though.

message 45: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments # 14 Acting on Faith by Jann Rowland
#15 Darcy's Ultimatum (The Cousins #1) by Jennifer Joy

message 46: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1376 comments Moving right along Dana. At this speed... you won't be in the Anne Elliot level much longer.

message 47: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments #16 Snowbound with Darcy A Pride and Prejudice Variation by Caitlin Marie Carrington

I really enjoyed this sweet tale. It was a quick read, but the emotions in the last two chapters were intense.

message 48: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments J. W. wrote: "Moving right along Dana. At this speed... you won't be in the Anne Elliot level much longer."

I am getting in my reading now while I have the chance:)

message 49: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments #17 Pride, Prejudice & Secrets by C.P. Odom 5 stars.

message 50: by Dana (new)

Dana (danarlynn) | 118 comments #18 Ardently Loved A Pride and Prejudice Variation by Lory Lilian 5 stars

« previous 1