Read Scotland 2018 discussion

Robert Burns: 6-10 Books > Sign Up Here For This Level!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Forkin (ellen_forkin) | 350 comments Mod
Sign up for 6-10 books here! Start a topic with a title for your challenge and list your reads under that topic. Good luck!

message 2: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 11 comments Lynn T. Reads:

Looking forward to good reading in 2018.

message 3: by Ellen (new)

Me too Lynn, good luck!

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie | 24 comments Will do this level, as I always find myself also reading or rereading lots of English writers and locations as well. I need a U.K. reading challenge! But there aren’t any : )

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie | 24 comments Possibly dumb question, but I don’t quite get starting a topic? Is that the same as a comment?

message 6: by Ellen (new)

Julie wrote: "Possibly dumb question, but I don’t quite get starting a topic? Is that the same as a comment?"

Not a dumb question at all, Julie, I had to double check :) Click on the Robert Burns folder (if this is the level you want to do). The current topics will show up (Sign Up etc) and in the top right hand corner there is a button that says 'new topic'. Click on this, name your topic/folder and this will be your place to list books and comment. If you're using the Goodreads app, click on Robert Burns and there should be a + sign at the top right of the screen to create a new topic. I hope this makes sense!

message 7: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 9 comments Lots of Scottish books lined for 2018... we are having a quick visit to Edinburgh in July (after 3 weeks in France) so I need some books to get me in the mindset again...

message 8: by Ellen (last edited Jan 02, 2018 08:48AM) (new)

Alexandra wrote: "Lots of Scottish books lined for 2018... we are having a quick visit to Edinburgh in July (after 3 weeks in France) so I need some books to get me in the mindset again..."

Edinburgh is a lovely city, went there as a teen. Enjoy your holiday, Alexandra, and happy reading :)

message 9: by Tarissa (new)

Tarissa (inthebookcase) | 52 comments I'm excited to do this challenge again! Happy reading, everyone.

message 10: by Ali (new)

Ali (alicihonest) | 3 comments Looking forward to doing this challenge again! Especially since I'll get to go back to St Andrews & Edinburgh for a week in August this year, so I'll be able to pick up some books by local authors!

message 11: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 87 comments Ellen wrote: "Julie wrote: "Possibly dumb question, but I don’t quite get starting a topic? Is that the same as a comment?"

Not a dumb question at all, Julie, I had to double check :) Click on the Robert Burns ..."

ok. I tried to follow and listed my 3 authors for the 6-10 books in 2018. Hope I entered correctly.

message 12: by Ellen (new)

Ellen wrote: "Ellen wrote: "Julie wrote: "Possibly dumb question, but I don’t quite get starting a topic? Is that the same as a comment?"

Not a dumb question at all, Julie, I had to double check :) Click on the..."

It's worked, Ellen, happy reading!

message 13: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 1 comments Looking forward to reading Scots lit. in 2018! Will post my list as soon as I get it together : )

message 14: by Mrs. C. (new)

Mrs. C. | 40 comments Ellen wrote: "Sign up for 6-10 books here! Start a topic with a title for your challenge and list your reads under that topic. Good luck!"

I'm in.

message 15: by Mrs. C. (new)

Mrs. C. | 40 comments Just finished Dorothy L. Sayers' Five Red Herrings and posted a review. Certainly no disappointment!!

message 16: by Kate (new)

Kate | 3 comments Oops -- forgot to sign up for this year. Hoping to read more Scottish books, but this level will do to start.

message 17: by Ellen (new)

Kate wrote: "Oops -- forgot to sign up for this year. Hoping to read more Scottish books, but this level will do to start."

Welcome Kate, enjoy your reads :)

message 18: by Marguerite (new)

Marguerite  (maggiechatsbooks) | 2 comments Just heard about this challenge. Think I will start out at this level. Looking forward to it!

message 19: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 103 comments Maggie wrote: "Just heard about this challenge. Think I will start out at this level. Looking forward to it!"

Yay :)

message 20: by Ellen (new)

Maggie wrote: "Just heard about this challenge. Think I will start out at this level. Looking forward to it!"

Welcome Maggie! This is the level I did last year and really enjoyed it. Happy reading :)