2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Paneret Reading Challenge 2018: 36 Books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paneret (new)

Paneret | 4 comments I'm committing to read 36 books this year, which is probably a stretch by about 12 since my reading time is heavily obligated to other matters this year. I'm a slow and focused reader so I don't do well when trying to read in brief snippets — my reading time needs to be in longer, relaxed and dedicated chunks. But what the heck, I might as well aim high.

At least 12 of my books will be classics as I whittle down the Modern Library Radcliffe Rival List and try to keep up with 3 different "classics" groups here on Goodreads. These often overlap, thank goodness. This year I'm adding in 12 short stories (usually volumes) and that leaves 12 random "just because" books. I like the plan but, as always, it's the execution that remains in question.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Wishing you the best of luck with your goal Paneret & a very happy reading/new year!

message 3: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12010 comments Good Luck with your goal in 2018!

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12010 comments Hoping you had fun getting lost in some pages in your first month!

message 5: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12010 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a great month for you.

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12010 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12010 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! You are doing great keep it up!