2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Rachel's 2018 Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Apr 18, 2018 02:38PM) (new)

Rachel | 55 comments My goal for this challenge is to read more during my free time.
52 books
I would also like to try so new fun challenges.
I also need to read more of my owned books to get that number down.

message 2: by Rachel (last edited Dec 30, 2017 08:22PM) (new)

Rachel | 55 comments Book Goals:

Read/finish open series
Read new series
Read more books that I own
Read some new releases
Try new to me authors

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Rachel wrote: "My goal for this challenge is to read more during my free time. I also plan on reading 4 books a month."

Nice goals Rachel! Wishing you the best of luck with it & a very happy reading/new year!!

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Rachel wrote: "Book Goals:

Read/finish open series
Read new series
Read some new releases
Try new to me authors"

Are you joining the specific challenges to help you reach these goals?

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 55 comments Susy wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Book Goals:

Read/finish open series
Read new series
Read some new releases
Try new to me authors"

Are you joining the specific challenges to help you re..."

Yeah, a couple. But, if you have any recommendations for me I will be glad to hear them.

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Best of luck in the coming year!

message 7: by Susy (last edited Dec 31, 2017 05:55PM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) Rachel wrote: "Susy wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Book Goals:

Read/finish open series + Read new series

Serial Reader

Clear the Shelves
or → The TBR Jar Challenge

Read some new releases
New Release Challenge

Try new to me authors
New to You

Those last two are actually from another group I participate in. I only have a personal challenge page and member corner page here where I keep track of all my goals and challenges, but if the other group has a challenge which interests me that this group doesn't have, I join them for just that challenge.

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 55 comments Okay thank you so much for the recommendations.

message 9: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Rachel wrote: "Okay thank you so much for the recommendations."

You're welcome Rachel :)

message 10: by Rachel (last edited Sep 20, 2018 01:40PM) (new)

Rachel | 55 comments Books Read in 2018: (will be edited) Currently Reading: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck , The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins , Four Weeks, Five People by Jennifer Yu

29/52 books 9,740 pages read

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah 440 pages,
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli 340 pages, When It's Real by Erin Watt 412 pages, Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer 454 pages, Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart 262 pages, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Creekwood, #1) by Becky Albertalli 303 pages, Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell 96 pages, The Blue-Haired Boy (Faking Normal, #0.5) by Courtney C. Stevens 71 pages, Carry On (Simon Snow, #1) by Rainbow Rowell 528 pages, Otherworld (Otherworld, #1) by Jason Segel pages 355,
The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass pages 327, The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass pages 323, The One (The Selection, #3) by Kiera Cass pages 323, The Heir (The Selection, #4) by Kiera Cass pages 342, The Defiant (The Valiant, #2) by Lesley Livingston pages 371, Did I Mention I Need You? (The DIMILY Trilogy, #2) by Estelle Maskame pages 352, The Crown (The Selection, #5) by Kiera Cass pages 278, Tyler Johnson Was Here by Jay Coles pages 304, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 552 pages, Did I Mention I Miss You? (The DIMILY Trilogy, #3) by Estelle Maskame pages 335, Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer pages 550, Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer pages 222, A Wrinkle in Time The Graphic Novel by Hope Larson pages 392, Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer pages 827, The Heartbreakers (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #1) by Ali Novak pages 336, Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen pages 281, A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3) by Sabaa Tahir pages 458,

message 11: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Good luck with your goal Rachel!
I'm also planing to read some new releases and try 'new to me' authors.

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 13: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Hoping you had fun getting lost in some pages in your first month!

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Two months down ten to go! I hope March is a success for you.

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 55 comments Blagica wrote: "Two months down ten to go! I hope March is a success for you."

Thank you so much!

message 16: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 17: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 18: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!