2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Kaspers daily reading challenge 2018

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 12 comments Dear readers,

2018 will be an intense year. I have set up the goal to read a minimum of 30 pages/day. This will result in 10,950 pages in 2018. Which results in about 36.5 books with a length of 300 pages (Just estimations).

Why I choose to focus on the number of pages instead of the number of books is simple. By making myself read a minimum of 30 pages each day I will make daily progress on my books. And I wont be able to postpone when I read the books. This challenge is chosen by personal preference.

I wish you all the best of luck with your goals for 2018.

Best regards,

Kasper

"May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks," - Gandalf

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Sounds good, Kasper! I just might do the same, although I might go for a minimum of 20 pages because there are days I will get home very late and struggle to even read 1 page without falling asleep lol

If your focus is on pages you might like the Let's Turn Pages Challenge!

Wishing you the best of luck with your goal & a very happy reading/new year!!

message 3: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 12 comments Thank you for the tip Susy,

Joined the Let's Turn Pages challenge. Excited to get started.

Happy reading and good luck with your goals as well.

Happy new year!

// Kasper

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments Good luck in the coming year! I love your quote. Do you know what book will be your first?

message 5: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Kasper wrote: "Thank you for the tip Susy,

Joined the Let's Turn Pages challenge. Excited to get started.

Happy reading and good luck with your goals as well.

Happy new year!

// Kasper"

You're welcome and thank you Kasper!
A very happy new year to you too!!

message 6: by Kasper (last edited Jan 01, 2018 06:14PM) (new)

Kasper | 12 comments Blagica:

Thank you for the support.

The first book I will try to finish is "The Hobbit". Started to read it in the beginning of December but only read about half the book. Always been a fan of Tolkeins universe through the movies. But haven't read all the books. So will try to get that done. But hope I will get to read some self development books and some books about Swedish history.

To all that are following my challange and are interested:
Today I started with my new years resolution. Read 80 pages in The Hobbit book. So got of to a great start of the new year.

Hope you all had a great start aswell.

Best regards,

Kasper

Kait | sixcrowsbooks (sixcrowsbooks) I like how you're focusing on pages --- that's great! I also have bit of a resolution set up to read at least 30 minutes every day, so I can try and keep up, especially during the busy school semester.

Best of luck to you!

message 8: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 12 comments Dear Kristin and Kaitlyn,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Have been busy with the start of my exchange term. New campus and a lot of new expressions.

Kristin:
I just finished it today. I enjoyed the book very much. Noticed a lot of differences between the movie and the book. Ended up liking the book a 100 times more then the movies. It was really a great fantasy book. Now it is of to "The Silmarillion". :D

Kaitlyn:
It feels really nice to have a set amount of page or time. Then you know how much you should read each day. I really like it.

The best of luck to you as well on your challenge.

Update for interested people:
Book: The Hobbit
2/1 -2018, 39 pages, (p258-p297).
3/1 - 2018, 37 pages, (p297-334).

An update from today will probably come tomorrow. Just finished the last pages of the book. So starting a new one to get the final pages of the day.

Hope you all are doing well and your challenges are going splendid.

Best regards,

Kasper

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments Hoping you had fun getting lost in some pages in your first month!

message 10: by Kasper (new)

Kasper | 12 comments Blagica:

Everything started well with the reading. Have had a hard first month at my exchange school now and haven't been able to read to much unfortunately. But working my way back.

Best regards,

Kasper W

message 11: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Kasper wrote: "
Everything started well with the reading. Have had a hard first month at my exchange school now and haven't been able to read to much unfortunately. But working my way back.
.."

I'm sure you will succeed Kasper!

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments Hoping March is a great reading month for you.

message 13: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! You are doing great keep it up!