SCPL Online NonFiction Book Club discussion

The right to be cold > Final Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SCPL (new)

SCPL (st_catharines_public_library) | 542 comments Mod
Thank you so much everyone for following along this month with “The Right to Be Cold.” Please join us for next month where we will be discussing Aziz Ansari’s book “Modern Romance.”

As a final thought, Climate Change has been in the news for well over a decade now. Many tips and ideas have been put out as ways for families to help reduce their environmental impact. What are some things that you do around the house to help the environment? Do you have any tips for those who are looking for a place to start?

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Madden | 118 comments The place to start is acknowledging that climate change is actually happening and we actually have a role to play and can make a difference. That's one of the things I liked about this book. It exposed how REAL climate change actually is.

What can we do? Probably a lot more than we do already. Little things like turning off lights, conserving water and recycling help. I personally rarely accept plastic bags from stores (I carry my own reusable ones or just drop my purchase in my purse) and I almost always have a reusable coffee cup and water bottle with me.

Knowledge and education continue to be very important. Even though I found Watt-Cloutier's book difficult to read it does hold a very important message so I am glad it has received the attention it did.

message 3: by SCPL (new)

SCPL (st_catharines_public_library) | 542 comments Mod
Thanks so much for your comments Heidi! I agree with you that Watt-Cloutier's book was not an easy read but it definitely broadened my view on Climate Change. It has made me more conscious of my choices around plastic and consumption. Those are also some great ideas for a place to start to reduce one's environmental impact! Thanks for following along this month!