Stephen King 2021 read-along discussion

A Question?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Smith | 155 comments Mod
Missy made a video about which books she wants to read each month in 2018, and if we want to follow along we are totally welcome to. I think in January we are starting with "Misery". I guess we can start reading and discussing starting tomorrow!! Her video is here in case you were wondering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYr4k...

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Smith | 155 comments Mod
Deidre(Dee) ~ Official Bookworm ~ wrote: "Okay, thank you:)"

No worries! I'm excited to start too! :)

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 165 comments Mod
Deidre(Dee) ~ Official Bookworm ~ wrote: "When will we be starting books and discussions on here please?"

Hi Deidre,

I just got back from vacation yesterday. I'm hoping to start a discussion soon. Also I have never done this before so I'm not sure what kind of discussions to talk about. I definitely need help :D

message 4: by Chantale (new)

Chantale Canadian Book Addict (canadianbookaddict) I ended up starting reading on the 1st and I am about 70% in .

message 5: by Melissa (new)

I’ll be starting Misery tomorrow. Spent the last two days grocery shopping and getting back into routine. Because this is a very chill discussion group, everyone is able to talk about whatever you want just mention in title if there will be spoilers 😀

message 6: by Mely (new)

Mely (mneg) | 4 comments will you be making a separate topic for each book? I'm about 70% done with misery and looking forward to discussing.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Mely, I can. The thing with the discussion threads is this. The reading time for the book is a month. So everyone is going to be reading at a different pace. I can’t be apart of the discussion if I haven’t finished the book yet. You are more than welcome to start a discussion on anything you like. Just make sure you label whether it has spoilers or not. I will bring up questions or thoughts about what I am reading along the way and hopefully people will be able to discuss with me their thoughts and also create their own threads as well. Hopefully that helps.

message 8: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 35 comments Impatiently waiting for my book to get here. i'd divide the discussion up by chapters... or like every 50/100 pages or something.

message 9: by Markie (new)

Markie Hicks (markielynnhicksaolcom) | 18 comments I'm gonna order misery today off amazon I've been so busy reading other books that I got coughs up lol but I will order it today

message 10: by Mely (new)

Mely (mneg) | 4 comments Melissa wrote: "Mely, I can. The thing with the discussion threads is this. The reading time for the book is a month. So everyone is going to be reading at a different pace. I can’t be apart of the discussion if I..."

Maybe we can divide topics into beginning, middle, and end. I see you started a new folder for Jan 2018 discussions. I'm listening to the audio book so not sure how that divides into Pages or chapters.

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Mely wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Mely, I can. The thing with the discussion threads is this. The reading time for the book is a month. So everyone is going to be reading at a different pace. I can’t be apart of the..."

During the audiobook the narrator will usually say the chapter number or the title. I can always add the page numbers for you. I'm not sure how far the beginning, middle and end is. If we divided the book into three's that would be okay, but for an audiobook you still wouldn't know unless you are going by percentage which again you can totally put in the title of your discussion. We can also use hints like "busted feet" to discuss where we are at in the book. This whole experience will be trail and error and together as a group we will find what works :D