Lake Silence (The World of the Others, #1; The Others, #6) Lake Silence discussion

When Does the Courtyard continue?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monica (new) - added it

Monica I read on her website that book 7 will be about a different location. Bennett. So...I guess we aernt getting The Courtyard continuation after all. Not yet anyways. I am sure there is a good reason. Characters do funny things sometimes and maybe some other stories have to be told first before she gets back to the Courtyard. I'm on the fence on whether to read book 5 or 6 because I do dislike being left hanging. I guess since I havent read them I cant tell if they are true cliffhangers or its just the end of the book kind of feeling like the other ones. Gah! I dont know! lol

message 2: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam I got to read an ARC of Lake Silence and before starting it I felt much like you. I found Lake Silence to be a great read. It was nice to see some other parts of their country and different "others". I did miss the Courtyard gang but really enjoyed getting to know the characters in Lake Silence. I am glad I read and wouldn't hesitate to read another "Others" book that takes place in another community.

Lindsey Monica wrote: "I read on her website that book 7 will be about a different location. Bennett. So...I guess we aernt getting The Courtyard continuation after all. Not yet anyways. I am sure there is a good reason...."

@Monica, definitely finish book 5 and read Lake Silence too. :) The last book about the Courtyard is not a cliffhanger. Not that I don't think more could be told about that community, but the major plot threads are resolved and it has an ending. And I loved Lake Silence, it was just as much fun to read and be introduced to new characters.

Kari Marie The newest one is about Bennett, but there are some characters we have previously met. I really enjoyed her new book. I had a hard time putting it down. Book 5 didn't end on a cliff hanger although some people were upset with the romance aspect but this series in general does not have a lot of sex scenes which is true for the newest books as well.