Play Book Tag discussion

Mr. Miracle (Angelic Intervention, #10)
This topic is about Mr. Miracle
Archive: Other Books > Mr Miracle / Debbie Macomber - 2**

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6033 comments Cross-posted to Fall Flurry of Holidays Challenge

Mr. Miracle (Angelic Intervention, #10) by Debbie Macomber
Mr Miracle – Debbie Macomber
2**

Book ten in the Angels Everywhere (a.k.a Angelic Intervention) series. Harry Mills is on his first assignment on earth and he rather smugly believes he’s got it all covered. But he didn’t quite count on human emotions, and he fumbles with following the rules. It doesn’t help that his supervisor is in the body of a young barista at the local coffee shop, complete with short spiky hair “dyed the color of a pomegranate” and a diamond piercing her nose! Still, his assignment is to help twenty-four-year-old Addie Folsom get her life back on track. Posing as an English teacher at the local community college in Tacoma Washington, he tries to boost her confidence and steer her in the right direction.

It’s a cheesy Christmas romance, and the plot is exactly what one would expect. Fluffy and light, with a few scenes to tug at the heartstrings. There will be a few obstacles placed in Addie’s path, but every detour will really be ensuring that she finds true love.

Harry really doesn’t do much of anything but stumble around trying to get the hang of humans and their complex emotions. Erich and Addie seem to find their own way just fine with minimal intervention. There is a pretty large cast of supporting characters, most of which are left hanging. What ever happens to College president Dr Conceito? What about the security guard? Or returning war veteran Andrew Fairfax, and his dog Tommy?

It’s not great literature, but it’s perfect for the season … sit by the fire, sip a mug of hot chocolate, or a glass of wine, and enjoy.

Michelle (MichelleBookAddict) (maslme) | 186 comments I enjoyed this... of course I enjoyed the Hallmark movie too... mostly thanks to Rob Morrow. I still envisioned him when I read the book after I saw the movie.

message 3: by Book Concierge (last edited Dec 31, 2017 08:17AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6033 comments Michelle wrote: "I enjoyed this... of course I enjoyed the Hallmark movie too... mostly thanks to Rob Morrow. I still envisioned him when I read the book after I saw the movie."

Did he play Mr Miracle or Erich?

Michelle (MichelleBookAddict) (maslme) | 186 comments Mr Miracle. He was a little funny

message 5: by Book Concierge (last edited Dec 31, 2017 08:17AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6033 comments Michelle wrote: "Mr Miracle. He was a little funny"

Yes, I can picture Rob Morrow as Harry ... bumbling his way through all these crazy human emotions.