What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. SyFi: cryogenic experiment, covers thousands of years, planet destroyed, AI caretakers, planet eventually terraforms itself again

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clayusmcret (new)

Clayusmcret | 2 comments I read a story about a cryogenic experiment where the main character was being reawakened every 50 years or so. At one point he is awakened by an AI caretaker because all of the humans are gone. There has been a terrible war and the planet outside his closed-in facility is uninhabitable. After being reawakened several times with the planet still in this condition he tells the caretaker not to wake him again until there are signs of life. The story covers thousands of years.

The story was emotional and very well written going through curiosity, distress and heartache and finally ending in a very positive mindset.

During the same time frame I also read an excellent book of SciFi short stories so this story may actually be part of the same book (I just cannot remember).

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

message 2: by Clayusmcret (new)

Clayusmcret | 2 comments FOUND IT! Of course shortly after I posted this I stumbled onto the answer. The book is "Second Ending" by James White.

message 3: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1220 comments Clicky for book. Second Ending by James White

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Second Ending (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

James White (other topics)