Ink in My Veins discussion

Random Stuff > Introduction!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Okay, so, I couldn't find a board to introduce myself on, so I decided to make a new one. I hope that's alright!

My name is Jayda, I'm sixteen as of August 4th, I love to read, write, sing, debate, study politics, email, come on goodreads, and accomplish things!

I've written four novels (nearly five since I'm almost done writing a romance novel - two chapters away!) and I am currently working on the fifth and final novel in a series. I did NaNoWriMo for the first time last year, which was awesome!

I have two books to write after the two I mentioned above are completed. My NaNoNovel (which I much wait until November to write :( Boo. I want to write it right now!) and a psychological thriller based off of something that really happened to me - someone breaking into the basement of a house while you're babysitting all week (which will actually be a month in the book) and sleeping down there! Yes, that really did happen. I'm just adding onto it so that the people who broke in become obsessed with the girls babysitting.

My preferred genre (at the moment) to write is romance, though I love mixing it up and trying new things!

Writing if my life, among a few select things.
It's nice to meet you all!

Oh, I have a question. Is anyone allowed to make discussion boards? :)

message 2: by ♫Krista♫, the Great and Powerful Empress of Silliness :P (new)

♫Krista♫ (kristabobista) | 1754 comments Mod
Oh yeah! Its fine by me to make discussion boards, but Holly is the main mod so we'll wait for her decision.
Oh and hey! You're the oldest out of all of us! I dont feel so old anymore. :P
Sorry, Im a little silly.

message 3: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Okay, sounds good ^^

Oh wow, really? How old are you?
I'm usually one of the younger ones, but among the more active members in the groups xD Cool!

message 4: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Oh, and I'm silly too. Trust me on that one xD

message 5: by ♫Krista♫, the Great and Powerful Empress of Silliness :P (new)

:P
Im 14, but the second oldest, er now 3rd oldest in this group.

message 6: by Jayda (new)

Jayda I'm now the oldest! Whoot! xD

message 7: by ♫Krista♫, the Great and Powerful Empress of Silliness :P (new)

lol :P

message 8: by Niki (new)

Niki I'm 15. I think I WAS the oldest. Way to steal my crown, Jayda. And it's fine with me if you made the introduction board thing. Way to be. I hadn't thought of that.

message 9: by ♫Krista♫, the Great and Powerful Empress of Silliness :P (new)

lol
:P

message 10: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Hehe ^^ Sorry for that! I didn't mean to be older than you xD It's not my fault that you were conceived after me ;) jkjk

So, I could create another thread, possibly?

message 11: by Niki (new)

Niki Like what?

message 12: by Jayda (new)

Jayda A thread called "Why Do You Write?" just to get the idea of why other people write ^^

message 13: by Niki (new)

Niki Knock yourself out. Just put it under 'Writing' folder, por favor.

message 14: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Gracias ^^

message 15: by Niki (new)

Niki De nada.

message 16: by ♫Krista♫, the Great and Powerful Empress of Silliness :P (new)

. . .

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Babae! ego esurit!

message 18: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 338 comments Hi, I'm Brigid. :) I'm turning 17 in October ... I'm about to start my junior year of high school and I'm scared out of my mind. O_o

I <3 to write. I've written five books, but none of them are published. I'm trying to get one published right now – I've sent, like, thirty queries but it's been a fail so far. lol.

Umm I mostly write urban fantasy and sci-fi.

I guess that's about it. :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

cool.

keep trying with the publish thing- eventually i know u'll make it.

should everyone introduce themselves now???

message 20: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Darn, you're older than me xD

I haven't sent queries out yet. I'm scared to. Plus I don't have a novel that I really want to publish as of yet. The ones that I have completed need some serious revision before I even consider it.

message 21: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 338 comments Jayda wrote: "Darn, you're older than me xD

I haven't sent queries out yet. I'm scared to. Plus I don't have a novel that I really want to publish as of yet. The ones that I have completed need some serious r..."

haha :P lol

yeahhh it took me a while to get the courage to do it. >_< lol. and the one i'm trying to publish is the only one of my books that i like right now ... it's gone through a ton of editing, lol. and i'm still editing it ... ack

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I am 14 and I just had my second day of Latin. I love to sing and write. I hope to be a published author one day. I'm not really that interesting.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Megan wrote: "Babae! ego esurit! "

This is Latin, by the way, for Hey, I is hungry!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

cool. is Latin a fun class? u are interesting...grrr!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Latin is awesome! It would suck if I didn't have such a great teacher. He is hilarious and really relates to us.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

ahaha. o my dream is to be published..seeing my name on a cover of a new book..sheesh! i would like to be part time teacher or archaeologist.

message 27: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 292 comments thats basically my dream too... To be able to walk into a bookstore, pick up my own book, buy it, and then go home to read it and critise all my flaws!

message 28: by Niki (new)

Niki Me too. Only I don't have flaws.

jk

message 29: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 292 comments lol... I'm sure i have many.

message 30: by Jayda (new)

Jayda I FINISHED WRITING MY ROMANCE NOVEL!
-dies of happiness and spazzing out-
It's my first "normal" book, which is one reason why I'm so excited! Now I've written a total of five books :o

message 31: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 338 comments YAAAAY Jayda!! haha you are tied with me then. lol :D

message 32: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Hehehehehe xD I'm so happy!

Now I have to try and finish writing the last book in my series so that I can have it all done by November so I can just focus on NaNoWriMo!

I still have to figure out mini-plots for that book... Hm...

Anyway, if I finish Silence (the finaly installment in my series) and my NaNoNovel I'll have written more books this year, than last year, by one! Which is pretty good, I think, considering that most of my writing will have been 4 or less months away from the end of the year! xD

message 33: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 338 comments yay! :D

message 34: by Niki (new)

Niki Welcome to the group, Hannah!

message 35: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 338 comments yeah welcome! :)

message 36: by Niki (new)

Niki Cool! We look forward to having you participate!

message 37: by Niki (new)

Niki Pretty good. How bout you?

message 38: by Niki (new)

Niki Nope. Watching Charmed and pretending to write my book.

message 39: by Niki (new)

Niki Pretending because it's not going very well. I have the story open on my computer, but am not actually writing anything. Why do you miss TV?

message 40: by Niki (new)

Niki Oooh. You can't watch tv online? Is your internet too slow?

message 41: by Niki (new)

Niki Oh. That stinks.

message 42: by Niki (new)

Niki Me too. Luckily I can mooch off my parents for another few years.

message 43: by Niki (new)

Niki Good luck!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

yea good luck!

as i said earlier, should the rest of us introduce ourselves now?

message 45: by Niki (new)

Niki I don't know. A lot of us have been in the group from the beginning, so already know each other. It doesn't matter to me. What do you think?

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

for the new members maybe we should.

message 47: by Niki (new)

Niki You first. I'm writing WW right now. I'll do it later.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

lol. okay.

i'm Abigail..more commonly known as Abbee or abz. i do love reading and writing...and a couple sports. im clumsy when walking tho. i live in California. i'm 11 years old and entering the seventh grade in September.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

oo. and read my stories: My eyes are Open and Gates of a Teenage Hell.

message 50: by Acacia (last edited Aug 16, 2009 10:27PM) (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) I'll go first!

Hi, I'm Acacia. I'm 13 and in 8th grade now...which is a scary thought for me. I speak three languages - Sarcasm, Crazy, and English.

I read the languages I speak - craziness and sarcasm. Authors like Douglas Adams, John Green, and Garth Nix. Fantasy is my favorite genre, with historical and realistic fiction tied for second.

I write stories you wouldn't expect to find locked up in my mind. A link to all my writing will be found at the bottom of this message. If you only read one, I suggest you read Guinea Pigs (and no, it's not about the rodent) - it's definitely the best I have. Although I like a few of my poems as well.

http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/2...

This message will self-destruct in ten seconds.

« previous 1