Chat, Eat, and Read discussion

Troublemaker by Leah Remini

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Heffner | 1076 comments Mod
Our book starting January 1, 2018. Sorry for the last minute change. Enjoy!

message 2: by Deborah (new)

I had no idea she became a Scientologist as a kid. Liking it so far!

message 3: by Deborah (new)

I just finished the book. I didn’t expect to read so much on Tom Cruise. I’m still surprised by how long she spent in the church.

message 4: by Lilith (new)

Lilith | 802 comments Mod
I just picked this one up at the library! I will be starting it soon!

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Yes!!!

message 6: by Lilith (new)

I didn't know she joined Scientology as a kid either. Although I did suspect that in most cases people are brought into the church at a young age, since they're more easily brainwashed and easier to train at a young age,

It's neat to read all about the different courses they have to take in the church, like the one where someone says something straight to their face to try to provoke a reaction and they have to not react and show absolutely no emotion,

Good book so far!

message 7: by Deborah (new)

It gets juicier. Yes, all the courses. Crazy how much time and money she gave to the church.

message 8: by Lilith (new)

I know!! I can't believe how many people give THAT MUCH MONEY to the church! And so willingly!

message 9: by Deborah (new)

The whole Katrina thing!!

message 10: by Lilith (new)

Equality between adults and children...Children taking care of babies and leaving them soaked in their own urine...

and kids fending for themselves with no discipline whatsoever...

Crazy.

message 11: by Deborah (new)

No school!!

message 12: by Lilith (new)

She's so bad-ass! I love it!

Unrelated to the book, but on a related note, regarding Scientology...I was just reading how Katie Holms' and Tom Cruis' daughter Suri is so desperate to see Tom Cruise...but he won't have contact with her since Katie Holms cut off ties with Scientology after divorcing him and the church won't allow him. It's so sad.

message 13: by Deborah (new)

Lilith wrote: "She's so bad-ass! I love it!

Unrelated to the book, but on a related note, regarding Scientology...I was just reading how Katie Holms' and Tom Cruis' daughter Suri is so desperate to see Tom Cruis..."

Oh that is crazy. The book does not make Tom Cruise look good. What a nut.

It was also interesting to read about the church's interest in JLO and Marc Anthony.

message 14: by Lilith (new)

Yeah...and how they are told to act happy and friendly all the time, so people will be encouraged to join Scientology, especially because they're celebrities. Interesting.