Aussie Readers discussion

Just for Fun! > Quiz - Should you own a Library ??

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) Here is a quiz that will confirm how book crazy you are! I checked 21 of 29 on this list...

If You Do 19/29 Of These Things Then You Should Own A Library
https://www.buzzfeed.com/cassiesmyth/...?

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 70469 comments Mod
Great quiz Ace! 25/29 for me :) But I think I already own a library - my hubby would tell you so anyway ;)

message 3: by Niamh (last edited Dec 29, 2017 02:21AM) (new)

Niamh | 357 comments I got 24/29. Gonna have to open my own library one day then

message 4: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) Brenda wrote: "Great quiz Ace! 25/29 for me :) But I think I already own a library - my hubby would tell you so anyway ;)"

Not surprised in the slightest. How many rooms do you have bookcases in?

message 5: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Go for it Niamh!!

message 6: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) I would have got 22 but for that question about not eating ? Umm, no, I never sacrifice my food for my book. Why would I when I can do both at the same time!

message 7: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Ace wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Great quiz Ace! 25/29 for me :) But I think I already own a library - my hubby would tell you so anyway ;)"

Not surprised in the slightest. How many rooms do you have bookcases in?"

Two out of the three bedrooms plus the dining room (where there are two BIG ones) One bedroom has 5 in it!!!

message 8: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) I would have got 23 except for the boat, I just have piles of books rather than actual bookcases!

message 9: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) Brenda wrote: "Two out of the three bedrooms plus the dining room (where there are two BIG ones) One bedroom has 5 in it!!!..."

Your whole house is a Library !!!!

message 10: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Ace wrote: "I would have got 23 except for the boat, I just have piles of books rather than actual bookcases!"

Of course - where would you put them??? You should have counted pre-boat :)

message 11: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Ace wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Two out of the three bedrooms plus the dining room (where there are two BIG ones) One bedroom has 5 in it!!!..."

Your whole house is a Library !!!!"

Haha! As I said - hubby's thoughts exactly ;)

message 12: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 8131 comments Only 19/29 but still said I should own a library!

message 13: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

Phrynne | 11667 comments Mod
I got 23. Would have been 24 but when I go on holiday I do pack 10 books but I am not silly enough to only pack one top;)

message 14: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) Phrynne wrote: "I got 23. Would have been 24 but when I go on holiday I do pack 10 books but I am not silly enough to only pack one top;)"

I know. Unless its to Bali, where tops cost $1 .. then I pack quite light on the clothes.

message 15: by B the BookAddict (new)

B the BookAddict (bthebookaddict) | 3432 comments 21/29: that's okay for me, a library it is!

message 16: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) B the BookAddict wrote: "21/29: that's okay for me, a library it is!"

Did you have many book boxes when you moved recently Bette?

message 17: by B the BookAddict (last edited Dec 29, 2017 11:54AM) (new)

B the BookAddict (bthebookaddict) | 3432 comments Yes, ten large packing boxes, that is over 1600 books (at last count)! The removalist guys were awed/surprised/horrified!

message 18: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) B the BookAddict wrote: "Yes, ten large packing boxes, that is over 1600 books (at last count)! The removalist guys were awed/surprised/horrified!"

Amazing! I'm in awe too.

message 19: by Noelene (new)

Noelene | 364 comments Scored 23, but haven't bought a book for myself in over 12 months as my wins in competitions, my swaps with my sister and friends and library borrowing has given me enough. I no longer have a bookshelf for books read as I gave away basically every one once read, so my book collection consists of only books to read. I do have a professional library, a few craft books and recipe books on a shelf in a builtin cupboard and my books to read are stored there. The professional library will go in 6 months as I go into long service leave before retiring. I have already culled over 150 books last year from that alone and gave to colleagues. I usually have about 5 books on the go at once all different genres, audio, one at work, one in the car, 2 at home and always that pesky one I can't seem to get into.

message 20: by Geoff (new)

Geoff Woodland | 313 comments 22 but with over 700 books listed on GR, I'm not surprised, currently culling books to make more room !
Bought two books yesterday and only went to pick up my wife from the railway station . . .I told her to go to a charity shop to stay out of the heat (we live in Sydney) while I drove from home. Of course had to check out the book section . . . .

message 21: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3220 comments Scored 24 😝😝😝😝

message 22: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8378 comments 28, LOL!!!

message 23: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) Marianne I'm intrigued as to which item didn't apply to you. Was it the stopping for food question?

message 24: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3220 comments Marianne wrote: "28, LOL!!!"

Now that's impressive!

message 25: by Icewineanne (new)

Icewineanne | 243 comments At 4000 books, 15 bookshelves.....i already do :D
Fun quiz though!