Lincoln Parish Library discussion

Reading Challenges > January 2018 Reading Challenge: One is the Loneliest Number

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments Happy 2018 readers! All of the best books are ahead of us this year!

To start off our 2018 reading challenges right, let’s stick with the number 1. Book titles are often phrases or multi words, so for a challenge this month, let’s read books that have only one word as their title (The/An/A count as words!).

I’m going to start off the year of reading challenges with the thriller, You by Caroline Kepnes.
You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes

Let us know what your number one is for January!

Happy reading!

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinhawkins) | 25 comments Mod
I'm going to read the next title in one of the series I am reading. Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning. Yes, it is one word. Happy reading everyone!!!

message 3: by Ragan (last edited Dec 29, 2017 10:51AM) (new)

Ragan Dendy  | 3 comments For this challenge, I'll be reading Furyborn by Claire Legrand

message 4: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 4 comments I'm going to read Krysten Ritter's Bonfire.

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinhawkins) | 25 comments Mod
I’ve changed my mind. I’m going to read Ancients by David Lynn Golemon. It’s a book in another series I’m reading. If I have enough time, I might read both books.

message 6: by Dana (new)

Dana | 6 comments I'll be reading Velocity by Dean Koontz . It will probably scare my socks off!!

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments Dana wrote: "I'll be reading Velocity by Dean Koontz. It will probably scare my socks off!!"

I read his Intensity a few years ago and I'm still creeped out!

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments Whitney wrote: "I'm going to read Krysten Ritter's Bonfire."

That one's been on my list for a bit. Let us know how it is!

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments Rebecca wrote: "Happy 2018 readers! All of the best books are ahead of us this year!

To start off our 2018 reading challenges right, let’s stick with the number 1. Book titles are often phrases or multi words, so..."

So I finished this book last night and immediately change ALL of my social media permissions due to how creepy this book was and how much he found out about his beloved online.

message 10: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 4 comments Rebecca wrote: "Whitney wrote: "I'm going to read Krysten Ritter's Bonfire."

That one's been on my list for a bit. Let us know how it is!"

Bonfire was a good quick read. I enjoyed it.

message 11: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 4 comments Rebecca wrote: "So I finished this book last night and immediately change ALL of my social media permissions due to how creepy this book was and how much he found out about his beloved online."

After I saw this, I checked You out from Overdrive. So creepy. There are a lot of people on social media who could benefit from reading it. Are you planning to read the sequel, Hidden Bodies?

message 12: by Bekah (new)

Bekah Nethken-Ulrich | 3 comments I just finished reading Artemis . It was actually really good!

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments Whitney wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "So I finished this book last night and immediately change ALL of my social media permissions due to how creepy this book was and how much he found out about his beloved online."

Af..."

I've been debating that. I was pretty happy with how You ended, but at the same time I want to know how long he can get away with what he's doing!

message 14: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 4 comments Rebecca wrote: "I've been debating that. I was pretty happy with how You ended, but at the same time I want to know how long he can get away with what he's doing! ."

I didn't like Hidden Bodies nearly as much as I liked You. It wasn't absolutely horrible, but I kinda wish I'd skipped reading it.

message 15: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments Whitney wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "I've been debating that. I was pretty happy with how You ended, but at the same time I want to know how long he can get away with what he's doing! ."

I didn't like Hidden Bodies ne..."

:( That's disappointing. I'll probably skip it then and focus on some stuff in my TBR list.

message 16: by Mara (last edited Jan 31, 2018 07:12PM) (new)

Mara | 12 comments Rebecca wrote: "Happy 2018 readers! All of the best books are ahead of us this year!

To start off our 2018 reading challenges right, let’s stick with the number 1. Book titles are often phrases or multi words, so..."

I read Waterfall (River of Time, #1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren