Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Announcement: combine and separate will be temporarily disabled

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41720 comments Mod
Hello wonderful Goodreads Librarians, and happy almost-New-Year!

Due to some site maintenance that will be happening, the combine and separate functions will temporarily be unavailable. This will start the late afternoon of Sunday, December 31, and continue until mid-day Wednesday, January 3 (all times Pacific).

Thanks for your understanding! Check back here for all related updates.

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Harris (jasonharris) | 12 comments Thanks for letting us know. This is exactly what I was wondering about. =)

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Posts unrelated to the announcement will be removed from this thread to avoid confusion. Please post requests or other questions in new threads.

message 4: by Piers (last edited Jan 03, 2018 01:59PM) (new)

Piers Haslam | 13 comments Hi! It's a little way after midday PT now, so I was just wondering if there is a new estimate for when these features will be re-enabled? I've got this book I've been itching to combine since New Year's Day haha!

~Piers~

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Ok, they are back up! Have at it!

message 6: by Piers (new)

Piers Haslam | 13 comments Oh fab, no worries!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6565 comments yay!

message 8: by Ismail (new)

Ismail | 2201 comments Thanks

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6172 comments and down again ...

message 10: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments You beat me to it...

message 11: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13581 comments ☕ Lachgas ♿ wrote: "and down again ..."

Ah, so that is why the page timed out on me.

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Jan 04, 2018 09:44AM) (new)

Sorry about that! Someone was a bit too excited about combines working again (or many someones, more likely) and overloaded things a bit.

It's back up, but try to avoid any major (over 1000 shelvings) combines or merges for a few days, please.

message 13: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13581 comments I will wait with Charles Dickens, then :)

message 14: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Yes, please!

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6172 comments deleting/merge seems to be down in total?
combining works but the merge of the less than 5 ratings duplicate into the one valid edition fails with same error message as was on combine down

message 16: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Merges are now back up as well.

message 17: by David (last edited Jan 04, 2018 12:21PM) (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments And its down again.
I guess I'll call it a night :)

message 18: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Combine/separate and merge all seem to be working for me.

message 19: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 26 comments Is combine down again? I was trying to combine a book that I had accidentally made a duplicate of when I added it and it just takes me to the author's page instead of the page with checkmarks that I see when I googled how to do this.

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6172 comments you don't seem to be a librarian Samantha so you can't combine

message 21: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 26 comments ☕ Lachgas ♿ wrote: "you don't seem to be a librarian Samantha so you can't combine" Ok I wondered because it let's me edit details so I thought I must've applied and forgotten. I will go apply. Thank you!

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6172 comments Everyone can change details of a book they entered themselves for a short period of time - after that only librarians can.

Here's the Librarian Manual with all the rules librarians have to follow

In case you want us something to combine you can open a new thread in the "Book Issues" folder for it.

message 23: by Richard (new)

Richard (smashed-rat-on-press) | 37 comments I'd been holding off one "combine" update until the green light. Just worked fine for me today.

message 24: by Hope (new)

Hope Callaghan (hopecallaghan) | 3 comments Hello,

I'm an author and was trying to combine editions and I accidently combined 12 of my books. I've tried to separate them, but it seems it's not working. Can anyone help please?

Thank you,
Hope

message 25: by Ismail (new)

Ismail | 2201 comments Hope wrote: "Hello,

I'm an author and was trying to combine editions and I accidently combined 12 of my books. I've tried to separate them, but it seems it's not working. Can anyone help please?

Thank you,
Hope"

please start a new thread for that, and you will get help for sure

message 26: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Closing announcement thread, as it has served its purpose.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.