Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Hello all

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Michelle (MichelleBookAddict) (maslme) | 186 comments Hello. Not sure if everyone remembers me. For those that I have followed and friended here thank you for all the comments and likes on my Goodreads updates.

I’ve been absent for a long time because my Grandfather passed away in February and it’s been a very trying time for me.

My mom and I lived with my Gramps for 10 years. I took care of him for most of that time. During that time I was apart of this group on Shelfari.
By 2016 I wasn’t as active in social media. I’ve just been taking photos of my books for Instagram with a short comment... which isn’t much. I read about 20 books last year... compared to my average 65 or more books a year. This year I am able to read a little more. I have my joy of reading again.

It’s been hard since my Gramps died not just because my mom and I are sharing a room at my sister’s house... but because I was very close with my Gramps. I was the last person he saw before he died. I have his dog Peanut who has helped me in many was, along with therapy. I am beginning to feel more better and myself again. And am hoping to get back to chatting with fellow book lovers again.

message 2: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4905 comments I'm so sorry about your grandfather, Michelle! My condolences to you and your family. It's great to have you back on PBT again, and I hope we can introduce you to more books that will make you feel better! PBT is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2018 so the admins have a lot planned for us - I hope you can find fun in the challenges and games.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments I’m sorry for your loss Michelle. It sounds like he was really special to you. Welcome back and I look forward to seeing you around more.

message 4: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5631 comments It is never easy to lose someone you love. Even when it is expected (as with a long illness), that final end comes as a punch to the stomach. Take your time grieving your beloved Gramps, and healing from this loss. Glad to hear that you are beginning the process of recovering your joy of reading. I'm certain he would want you to find joy in life again. Keep strong, Michelle.

message 5: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Sorry for your loss — but welcome back. I hope that you can find some comfort in some good books.

Michelle (MichelleBookAddict) (maslme) | 186 comments Thank you all so much. I’ve been very thankful for family, my (new) dog Peanut (who was my Gramps dog), friends, and books. Also Netflix... my mom and I are currently watching Stranger Things and The Crown.

Definitely looking forward to reading with the group.

message 7: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8118 comments I'm so sorry, Michelle. :-(

And welcome back to PBT!

message 8: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6276 comments I totally remember you, Michelle, and I'm so sorry you've been going through this hard period and that you lost your beloved grandfather. Big hugs to you.

I hope you find your way slowly back to the enjoyment that books can bring, and we welcome you here with open arms and heartfelt good wishes.

message 9: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6276 comments Michelle wrote: "Thank you all so much. I’ve been very thankful for family, my (new) dog Peanut (who was my Gramps dog), friends, and books. Also Netflix... my mom and I are currently watching Stranger Things and T..."

I loved The Crown!!

message 10: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2083 comments So sorry to hear of your loss. We are glad to have you back with us, however.
Loved "Stranger Things!"

message 11: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1266 comments I'm so sorry to hear about your Gramps. Hugs to you! I'm glad that you're starting to feel better and more like yourself again. Welcome back. :)

message 12: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I remember you Michelle. I’m sorry for your loss and hope that participating in the group again helps ease your pain in some way

message 13: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2211 comments I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Gramps who was obviously so central to your life, Michelle. But it's lovely that you've followed Ariadne's thread to find your way back to us and to your books. xx