2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > kszr 2018 reading challenge

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kszr (new)

Kszr | 19 comments OK - jumping from librarything.com and excel to this. Let's see how it goes.
Challenging myself to read 60 books this year. As a new twist for me, I will be adding categories:

Prize Winners
Classics
New author
Historical Fiction
YA Fiction
Non Fiction
Biography
Foreign Author

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Wishing you the best of luck with your goal and challenges Kszr & a very happy New (reading) Year!!

message 3: by Kszr (new)

Kszr | 19 comments Thank you!!!

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 5: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a smashing success for you.

message 6: by Kszr (new)

Kszr | 19 comments thank you! I have joined the Book Tag decathalon, too, so I am hoping to move forward with the list above.

message 7: by Kszr (new)

Kszr | 19 comments OK - Moving forward, here is the status of where I am at the end of March:

25 books in
Prize Winners 2
Classics 4
New author 1
Historical Fiction 2
YA Fiction 4
Non Fiction
Biography 4
Foreign Author 3
Novels 5

Nonfiction is on my desk to be read, but there are the PBT decathlon titles to add in, too.

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 9: by Kszr (new)

Kszr | 19 comments Great quote! I have been so lucky to have had great recommendations. I will try not to give too much away, but by far the best to date are:
Beartown: Resonated because of my 15 year old daughter and what she faces every time she goes out.
The Rent Collector: a view into a different life, which I can't comprehend, but see the hope in how they live.
A Fall of Marigolds: a reminder of all those lost, including ones I knew, and a reminder of how the survivors exist. Especially as we plan to watch our friends run the Boston Marathon, still hoping to get back to a new normal.
The Hate U Give was a well timed read with the latest shooting and protests in Sacramento. Having grown up in Detroit, I know the scars that riots leave on neighborhoods. The complexity of the issues were dealt with very well.

Each of these has given me new ways to think about what is happening in the world today, and providing me a new lens on how to see it. That is why I love to read.

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments I hope May is a fantastic month filled with books and sunshine! My list is growing thank you for those

message 11: by Kszr (new)

Kszr | 19 comments Thanks. Feel like things are slowing down, reading wise, but I have been busy with distractions like work.

message 12: by Kszr (new)

Kszr | 19 comments another month in the books (hahahah)

Doing great with the reading - up to 40 books already! Looking forward to a summer of reading. By joining this challenge, as well as the PBT Decathon, I am rekindling my love of books and started a reading blog.

message 13: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Kszr wrote: "another month in the books (hahahah)

Doing great with the reading - up to 40 books already! Looking forward to a summer of reading. By joining this challenge, as well as the PBT Decathon, I am rek..."

Sounds awesome Kszr! 👍🏻

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments Hoping July is full of page turning and falling in love with a new book!

message 15: by Kszr (new)

Kszr | 19 comments thx