Around the World 2018 discussion

International Book Reviews > What is the first book you will read!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelsey (last edited Dec 28, 2017 02:05PM) (new)

Kelsey (kdubbs) | 25 comments Mod
I took the second half of December off from reading, but I think I have now decided what my first 2018 International Book will be.
Respond to this post and tell us what you are going to get started reading! I will go first!

Then, please add the book that you choose to the "group bookshelf." I set mine as "currently reading" and put my name in the discussion text. **WE WILL NOT ALL READ THE SAME BOOKS**(unless someone else wants, to , which, GREAT!) I will add more when I finish the book. Everyone should add their book so we can see the list of what our members read! Then tell us whatever you want about it after you are finished. There is no requirement to give a book report. Say whatever you like and we can all share a little. Thanks!

message 2: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (kdubbs) | 25 comments Mod
The God of Small Things

I chose this book because it has been on my "to read" shelf for at least a year! I keep meaning to read Roy's work and haven't done so yet. So, this was where I needed to start this year.

message 3: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 20 comments Mod
Starting with this Palestinian memoir as soon as I can get it.
I Saw Ramallah

message 4: by kaitlyn (new)

kaitlyn (kaitlyneliz) | 1 comments I think I'm going to start with The Consequences of Love

message 5: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 20 comments Mod
starting book #2 - pinnochio. so far it is A+!

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna Martin | 8 comments My first book was A Moonless, Starless Sky, by Alexis Okeowo, a Nigerian author. This book had 3 separate stories of people fighting extremism in Africa. Some parts hard to read but also reaffirming the strength and goodwill of many humans.

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna Martin | 8 comments Starting book # 2: Homegoing by Ya’a Gy’asi. I git this book fir Christmas last year and started it but abandoned it. Second time around I’m finding it hard to put down.