2018 Reading Challenge discussion

Introductions and questions

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Uebel | 21 comments Mod
This is where you can come and introduce yourself to the group.

Maybe give me a goal (ie. I want to read 250/350 books this year, I want to read all 350 books.).

Also, If you have any questions at all about the group, ask them here, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

message 2: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Suzuki (bookwormsuzuki) | 3 comments Hiya! I'm Suzuki, (not my real name but stick with it), and I'm really excited about this challenge :)
I'm going to keep my goal to like about 100/350 because I'm a slow reader :) and I'm new to reading so.
Thank you!

message 3: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Suzuki (bookwormsuzuki) | 3 comments And I have a question. Does it have to be a new book that we read?
Can we reread an old one?
Cause I'm dying to read a book and fits one of the descriptions, so?
Thank you!

message 4: by Amelia (new)

You can read whatever you want (as long as it reaches the at least 100 page mark). I'm never against rereads and this challenge is to get you to find something new that you enjoy, as well as enjoying the pleasure of reading your favorite books.

message 5: by Aiko (new)

Aiko Suzuki (bookwormsuzuki) | 3 comments Amelia wrote: "You can read whatever you want (as long as it reaches the at least 100 page mark). I'm never against rereads and this challenge is to get you to find something new that you enjoy, as well as enjoyi..."

Thank you :)

message 6: by Amelia (new)

Of course.

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnsreads) Hello, Thanks for setting up this group. I am a Middle School English, Language Arts Teachers. I was stuck in the Math department for about a decade but recently got a new lease on life when I switched school districts and jobs. I read ALL THE TIME, unfortunately it's usually grading essays or other papers. I try to keep up on books my students are reading, so I can grade book reports intelligently. Also, I am continually looking for that new novel to use with the classroom. Last year one of my classes got to read short stories from Stars Above from the Lunar Chronicles Series. My list will contain a good number of YA/children's books. My goal is 50 books. If I read more than 50, then so much the better! This seems fun.

message 8: by Amelia (new)

Helen wrote: "Hello, Thanks for setting up this group. I am a Middle School English, Language Arts Teachers. I was stuck in the Math department for about a decade but recently got a new lease on life when I swit..."

It's so nice to have you here and I hope you meet your goal!

message 9: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnsreads) Amelia wrote: "Helen wrote: "Hello, Thanks for setting up this group. I am a Middle School English, Language Arts Teachers. I was stuck in the Math department for about a decade but recently got a new lease on li..."

Thanks. Nice to meet you.

message 10: by Trina (new)

Trina | 3 comments Hi everyone I’m Trina. I love to read and share what I have read and always looking new suggestions. . So far this read I’ve read
The life she was given
Before we were yours
They were both so good.

message 11: by Amelia (new)

Hello Trina!!

Welcome to the group. I look forward to reading with you this year and learning more about you! feel free to read through any discussion boards and answer any polls about the March readathon!

message 12: by Trina (new)

Trina | 3 comments Thank you
I also just read over Christmas. Winter Garden and the Lilian Girls. Loved them both. Love Kristin Hannah. Her writing is perfect. Every story is so different. Nothing generic

message 13: by Lynn (last edited Mar 03, 2018 06:20AM) (new)

Lynn (lynnsreads) Hello Trina. So glad you joined. I would like to read Before We Were Yours, too. It looks great.

message 14: by Trina (new)

Trina | 3 comments Can we post comments here as well about what book we are currently reading?

message 15: by Amelia (new)

You can, or you can post on the board for that month (right now would be the February wrap up and March info) just to post on more recent topics. I do get notified when someone posts but I don't know if others do, so it would be best to post somewhere where people look more frequently.