2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > I'm setting my goal at 40

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barb (new)

Barb (bjkbooklover) | 18 comments this year i started at 30 and bumped it up to 40

message 2: by Marion (new)

Marion | 3 comments Good for you! I’m a little behind you. I set my 2017 goal at 20 but will finish at 24. Think I’ll set 2018 at 30 😊. Might be a bit challenging working full time, but I guess that’s why it’s called a challenge! Good luck!!

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Barb wrote: "this year i started at 30 and bumped it up to 40"

Nice going Barb! Good luck on your 40 reads! Hope you will discover some awesome reads along the way!

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments Good Luck with your goal in 2018!

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 55 comments Good luck with your goal!

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments Hoping you had fun getting lost in some pages in your first month!

message 7: by Barb (new)

Barb (bjkbooklover) | 18 comments I've loved the books so far. 1984, To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, Watchers by Dean Koontz to name a few

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Barb wrote: "I've loved the books so far. 1984, To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, Watchers by Dean Koontz to name a few"

Really liked To Kill a Mockingbird and Watchers too!

message 9: by Barb (new)

Barb (bjkbooklover) | 18 comments I'm on my 17th book this year, and my 9th book for February. I feel almost selfish to tell people all this. I'm actually proud of myself. I've been stressed with migraines and listening to the books has really helped !

message 10: by Susy (last edited Feb 23, 2018 08:05AM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) That’s great Barb! No need to feel selfish at all! Just enjoy!! 👍🏻😄
Hope you’ll feel better soon!

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments You are doing great. Hoping March is a great month for you.

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 13: by Barb (new)

Barb (bjkbooklover) | 18 comments i think the Fallen Angels series by J.R Ward was my biggest surprise. i didn't think I'd enjoy it, as much as i did. i think my favorite parts were a demon seeing a counselor and her part in the end part of Envy!

message 14: by Barb (new)

Barb (bjkbooklover) | 18 comments ok i have a confession to make ! You know how you have those special books that you really want ? The ones you give 2000 hints to your family and friends for your birthday or Christmas?!
yesterday i took my great nephew to the library and we naturally checked the books for sale if he wanted one. There it was, The Passion of Cleopatra,by Anne Rice, the sequel to The Mummy,AND IT WAS A DOLLAR!!!!!!!
I got it!! I'm still reading all my other books, but this one is definitely on my list for 2018!!
I haven't bought myself a book in over 6 months or longer!

message 15: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Barb wrote: "...I haven't bought myself a book in over 6 months or longer! "

So you definitely deserved this one! So happy for you!

message 16: by Barb (new)

Barb (bjkbooklover) | 18 comments Thank you Susy! Now I feel better about getting it 😊

message 17: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) You’re welcome Barb! Hope you’ll enjoy it!

message 18: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! You are doing great keep it up!