Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Lees of Laughter's End (The Tales of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach, #3)
This topic is about The Lees of Laughter's End
Erikson and Esslemont - Malazan > Lees of Laughter's End [Apr 13, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - rated it 3 stars

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7223 comments Mod
This is a Buddy Read for The Lees of Laughter's End by Steven Erikson starting April 13, 2018]
The Lees of Laughter's End (The Tales of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach, #3) by Steven Erikson

Hacen | 883 comments Anyone else reading?

Timelord Iain | 15722 comments Not yet... I'll try to get to this one on time... regardless of whether I'm done with Curse of the Mistwraith yet... Blood Follows was such a quick read...

Rick Newland | 21 comments Hacen wrote: "Anyone else reading?"

Already did. I went ahead and read all 3 of the short ones.

Timelord Iain | 15722 comments Just started... my god, the NAMES in this one... Ably Druther isn't too bad, but Birds Mottle, Heck Urse, Gust Hubb, etc....

Hacen | 883 comments Starting tonight

Hacen | 883 comments This one was hilarious and almost over the top with everything that happened to poor Gust Hubb.

Timelord Iain | 15722 comments I was reading about Briv, Briv, and Briv at work last night... :D

jess (nu6586) | 1720 comments I will be reading this but it may be a bit...

message 10: by Hacen (last edited Apr 15, 2018 06:57PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hacen | 883 comments Iain wrote: "I was reading about Briv, Briv, and Briv at work last night... :D"

The Brivs were some of favorite characters in this. Especially rope braider Briv 😂

Timelord Iain | 15722 comments I finally buckled down and read the rest... never before have I read public hair poetry... and that ending was mayhem...

Does Wurms of Blearmouth pick up where this left off?... the blurb doesn't really tell me... but I assume it must...

message 12: by Rob (new) - added it

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1817 comments Just sat down and read this, this afternoon. Well, that was.....um....interesting :) (And a much-needed fun change of pace from the Queen of Fire).

Mayim de Vries | 2892 comments Erickson managed to make me laugh over truly terrible things.

Timelord Iain | 15722 comments That about sums it up...

Mayim de Vries | 2892 comments I mean some of the things were SO horrible and yet I snorted. Snorted!

message 16: by jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1720 comments Im once again thrilled with Bauchrlain’s manner of speech. “...have you no faith in the bindings and wards I have set upon that modest homunculus?”

Love his little stories. He could easily write young reader’s books. With a lot less entredre and cursing. Though there really isnt much cursing to be had here.

message 17: by jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1720 comments Wow. So thrilling, even thoughIncould guess some of the endings. Just so fun, excellent storytelling! As per usual

message 18: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Mayim wrote: "I mean some of the things were SO horrible and yet I snorted. Snorted!"

LOL, me too.