Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Creating search criteria within Goodreads

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rjust44) I hope I can convey this question correctly and there may not be an answer for it, but I thought someone in this group might know. Is there a way to search through your own books but select two+ shelves at a time as a search criteria. So, for example, I have books shelved on multiple shelves like "Want to Read" and "Purchased" so I know that I own them or "Want to Read" and "Library" so I know that I can get them at my local library and I don't need to buy them. Rather than sifting through all 500 of by "Want to Read" books, I'm wondering if there is a way to refine my search, so to speak, to only see the books that are shelved in both "Want to Read" and "Library". Does this make sense?
Thank you in advance!

message 2: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 128 comments I wrote this long post explaining a work-around in the future, but just found a better way online... here's my original answer for posterity:

(view spoiler)

HERE is what you really want tho: Click on any shelf... "Want to Read" for example... THEN scroll down your shelf list and click "select multiple"... NOW you can add up to 2 extra shelves using the + signs next to each shelf, and you will get a list of books in those 2-3 shelves...

This was all news to me...

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rjust44) Omg thank you so much. You rock!