CMLE Reading Challenge discussion

Challenge Prompts > teamwork is important to the resolution

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CMLE Libraries (new)

CMLE Libraries | 29 comments Mod
libraries are all about teamwork; this can be in a library or anywhere else that is interesting to you

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary | 34 comments Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs

I really love this Patricia Briggs series, and re-read them fairly often. I've been working my way through the series again, and this one is definitely a teamwork-based book.

Mercy Thompson, the main character, is a coyote shapeshifter; she is married to Adam - the head of his werewolf pack. While she and her stepdaughter are out Black Friday shopping, the pack is kidnapped. Mercy has to assemble a team of humans (her police friends, and the lawyer boyfriend of Warren - one of the werewolves), vampires (who can't always be fully trusted), fey (same), and a visiting werewolf from her foster father - the head of all werewolves. Mercy is tough and resourceful, and she works to organize this team to save Adam and his wolves.

Lots of excitement, some mushy romance, and death-defying (usually) action and adventure, with a great team element!

message 3: by Annie (new)

Annie In Saga, Vol. 8 a variety of refugees are fleeing for their lives, teamwork is critical.

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda (minnemom) | 14 comments Code Girls: The Untold Story of the American Women Code Breakers Who Helped Win World War II: The teamwork of thousands of women who worked as codebreakers during World War II was an absolute necessity in the work they performed.

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary | 34 comments Linda wrote: "Code Girls: The Untold Story of the American Women Code Breakers Who Helped Win World War II: The teamwork of thousands of women who worked as codebreakers during World War II was an absolute neces..."
This one looks really interesting! I'm adding it to my TBR list! (I'm reading the Woman Who Smashed Codes right now, and it's really interesting too!)

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda (minnemom) | 14 comments Elizebeth Friedman plays prominently in the beginning of this book, and then it goes on to highlight many others who contributed to the effort.

message 7: by Maria (last edited Mar 16, 2018 05:34AM) (new)

Maria Burnham | 9 comments The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

I just finished reading The Lightning Thief aloud to my son. It was so fun because he was so addicted to the storyline!