CMLE Reading Challenge discussion

Challenge Prompts > book with the letters CMLE in the title

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CMLE Libraries (new)

CMLE Libraries | 29 comments Mod
the letters can be anywhere, in any combination of the words in the title

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary | 34 comments I Contain Multitudes The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life by Ed Yong

I had been waiting for this book for a while from Overdrive, and really enjoyed it!! I like science books, and I follow this author on Twitter - so I knew it would be an approachable look at some challenging biology and chemistry topics. It is really interesting to learn about all the ways microbes are running much of our lives! It's kind of their world, and we are just living in it. (I'm off to go have some yogurt, and think about my gut bacteria. This is the kind of thing you also will spend time doing after reading this book!!)

message 3: by Ariel (new)

Ariel | 7 comments I would love more suggestions. Or perhaps I shall just read this one. It seems interesting, and if you like it, it must be worth reading.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 34 comments I confess I did zone out during a few parts while I was listening and painting the kitchen! But I did learn a lot, and it's not so "dumbed down" that it's silly; but very understandable to a science peon like me! If you like Mary Roach, it's similar in tone. :)

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Buechler | 10 comments I read Meet Cute: Some People Are Destined to Meet. With a title that long, it managed to fit in all four letters. It was an anthology, and as such I liked some of the stories better than others.

message 6: by Aileen (new)

Aileen Swenson | 8 comments I have Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine sitting on my shelf and the letters CMLE are ALL in the word "Completely" so I think I'll read it for this challenge. :)

message 7: by Aileen (new)

Aileen Swenson | 8 comments Aileen wrote: "I have Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine sitting on my shelf and the letters CMLE are ALL in the word "Completely" so I think I'll read it for this challenge. :)"

I read this book in 2 days - it was AMAZING - I highly recommend it!

message 8: by Linda (new)

Linda (minnemom) | 14 comments This is not as fun as others, but I read Moving Library Collection in preparation for new carpeting on the upper level of our library this summer. Lots of good tips in it, including a lot of charts on calculating space needs, etc. Recommended along with Moving Your Library.

message 9: by Annie (new)

Annie I actually go this one on accident from a book I don't really recommend. The stories in Fairy Tales for Computers were fine, but the premise of the collection needed development.

message 10: by Maria (new)

Maria Burnham | 9 comments I finished Believer: My Forty Years in Politics by David Axelrod. Loved, loved, loved it. So inspirational and just goes to show that you never know where your career will lead you!
Believer My Forty Years in Politics by David Axelrod

message 11: by Linda (new)

Linda (minnemom) | 14 comments Maria wrote: "I finished Believer: My Forty Years in Politics by David Axelrod. Loved, loved, loved it. So inspirational and just goes to show that you never know where your career will lead you!
[bookcover:Beli..."

Maria, how did you get the clickable cover of the book to work in your post?

(Another book added to my to-read list...)

message 12: by Maria (new)

Maria Burnham | 9 comments There's a little "add book/author" right above the comment box. I just clicked that, searched for the book and then added it in. Super easy!

message 13: by Linda (new)

Linda (minnemom) | 14 comments Maria wrote: "There's a little "add book/author" right above the comment box. I just clicked that, searched for the book and then added it in. Super easy!"

Thanks! I had been trying to remember HTML just to link to a book and didn't see the super-simple option right in front of me. :-)

message 14: by Ariel (new)

Ariel | 7 comments Ha! I am reading: Quakeland: On the Road to America's Next Devastating Earthquake.

I'm in the midle of it but it's so good so far!!