CMLE Reading Challenge discussion

Challenge Prompts > book by or about a person who has a disability

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CMLE Libraries (new)

CMLE Libraries | 29 comments Mod
any type of disability is fine here; include mental illness if you believe it fits

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Buechler | 10 comments The protagonist of Mis(h)adra has epilepsy (as does the author/illustrator #ownvoices).

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda (minnemom) | 14 comments Kate wrote: "The protagonist of Mis(h)adra has epilepsy (as does the author/illustrator #ownvoices)."

Kate, what book was this? I have a family member with epilepsy.

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda (minnemom) | 14 comments I listened to the audiobook version of Out of My Mind, recommended by my tween/teen daughters. The story is of course the star, but it's a well-done audio version. (I had first started Wonder but I didn't click with its narration.) I definitely recommend it if you haven't yet read this book.

message 5: by Aileen (new)

Aileen Swenson | 8 comments I read Out of My Mind a few years ago and I LOVED IT! I'd highly recommend reading it or listening to it.

message 6: by Annie (new)

Annie So I was not expecting to find disability representation in an historical romance (though it is gay, I suppose) but It Takes Two to Tumble has a wheelchair bound character as well as two characters that are dyslexic! I'm so pleased to see more representation added in casually like this!

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Moore | 3 comments Not if I See You First’s protagonist is blind. Love the fact it was just a part of her, not all consuming.

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary | 34 comments I just finished "Natural Disaster: I Cover Them. I am One." by Ginger Zee. She's a meteorologist for ABC, and this is a really interesting look at how she has worked to handle issues with her mental illness in conjunction with a very visible, high-pressure career.