New Adult Book Club discussion

Archived- Challenges > 2018 Challenge Questions/Answers

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments This is the place to ask any challenge related questions. I will not be able to answer them until 6th January but fellow members may be able to help you until I can. Enjoy the new challenges ☺

message 2: by Hanne (new)

Hanne | 758 comments Questions about the yearly challenge:
1. 'A book recommended by a librarian' - What to do when I don't go to the library, because there aren't any English romance books?

2. 'A book with a day or month in the title' - It's twice a categorie, just said a little differently..

3. 'A book from a non-human perspective' - Do you mean angels, shapeshifters, ... ?

4. 'A book read this year by one of the New Adult Book Club moderators' - 2017 or 2018?

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 2 comments 1. an ebook - does the book have to be ONLY an ebook or can it be an ebook and in print

2. a book set in the wilderness - is the countryside(like farmland) allowed or just forest area

3. a book where the main character is a different ethnicity - different ethnicity from the other main character or different from the reader?

message 4: by Dee (last edited Jan 07, 2018 02:23AM) (new)

Dee | 851 comments Hanne wrote: "Questions about the yearly challenge:
1. 'A book recommended by a librarian' - What to do when I don't go to the library, because there aren't any English romance books?

2. 'A book with a day or m..."

Hello Hanne

This is part of the challenge. If you can not ask a librarian for a recommendation this categories will be incomplete for your challenge.

2. 'A book with a day or month in the title' - It's twice a categorie, just said a little differently..

I have altered this category to include "A book with a musician as a main character". Please also change it on your original post.

3. 'A book from a non-human perspective' - Do you mean angels, shapeshifters, ... ?

Yes any non-human character - check the booklists for non-contemporary options.

4. 'A book read this year by one of the New Adult Book Club moderators' - 2017 or 2018?

Thank you for your questions.

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments Natalie wrote: "1. an ebook - does the book have to be ONLY an ebook or can it be an ebook and in print

2. a book set in the wilderness - is the countryside(like farmland) allowed or just forest area

3. a book w..."

Hello Natalie

1. an ebook - does the book have to be ONLY an ebook or can it be an ebook and in print

This category does not have to be only available in electronic copy just that you read it as an electronic copy, such as on a kindle, your computer, phone etc

Yes any area that would be classes as wilderness - you can write which type of wilderness if you think someone may question it.

3. a book where the main character is a different ethnicity - different ethnicity from the other main character or different from the reader?

A character that has a different ethnicity to the reader

Thank you for your questions.

message 6: by Hanne (new)

Hanne | 758 comments January challenge: If the ebook version of a novel is released in 2018, but the paperback was released in 2017, does this ebook count for the challenge?

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments Sounds ok to me Hanne.

message 8: by Monika (last edited Mar 16, 2018 01:43AM) (new)

Monika | 105 comments Ques 1 : JAMES, A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance (NIGHT OF THE KINGS, #1) by Shayne Ford & DARK JAMES, A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance (NIGHT OF THE KINGS, #2) by Shayne Ford -- Are these considered as New Adult and counted for year 2018 Challenge or they are Adult and not considered for our challenge?

Ques 2 : I read Legally Ours (Spitfire #3) by Nicole French 57% 6 months ago. But I have lost whatever I read and I will be rereading it and intend to complete it this time :P. Would this count as "- The last book in a series you have been meaning to read"?

message 9: by Dee (last edited Mar 17, 2018 01:11AM) (new)

Dee | 851 comments Monika wrote: "Ques 1 : JAMES, A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance (NIGHT OF THE KINGS, #1) by Shayne Ford & DARK JAMES, A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance (NIGHT OF THE KINGS, #2) by Shayne Ford -- Are these considered as New Adult and counted for year 2018 Ch..."

Those books state "This is a New Adult Erotic Romance." So they would be fine to use.

Yes that would work as a book you have been meaning to read.

Enjoy the challenge :)

message 10: by Monika (new)

Monika | 105 comments Thanks Dee! :)

message 11: by Monika (last edited Mar 27, 2018 10:12AM) (new)

Monika | 105 comments Hi Dee, Can i use The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern -coz this is the book I have not liked so far.

And keeping my fingers crossed for NOT to have such experience again in 2018. ;P

And another question. Can i ask for a Goodreads librarian to recommend me a NA book? - to Meat "- A book recommended by a librarian"

Actually I am in India and in our libraries we do not get any of these books. Only a few Harry Potter series ones and nothing else. So I guess I will have to work with a Librarian online outside India. And where is a better place to find one other than at GRs?

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments Monika you can use it if it is New Adult. I can't see if it is on not from my phone. Yes ask a goodreads librarian 🙂

message 13: by Monika (new)

Monika | 105 comments Dee wrote: "Monika you can use it if it is New Adult. I can't see if it is on not from my phone. Yes ask a goodreads librarian 🙂"

Thanks Dee!

message 14: by Zeljka (last edited Mar 29, 2018 03:30PM) (new)

Zeljka | 101 comments Hi! I have a few questions as well.

1. A book with the title that's character's name: Can name be in the title with another word (like: Keeping Claudia) or does it strictly has to be just name?

2. A book by new author: New author to the reader or in general (like a debut author)?

3.A book by an author who uses a pseudonim: Can it be 2 authors writing under a pen name?

4. A book about an adventure: Not clear. I thought about using a book where a heroine has to learn how to rock-climb and film a documentary while rock-climbing - can it qualify as an adventure?

message 15: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments Zeljka wrote: "Hi! I have a few questions as well.

1. A book with the title that's character's name: Can name be in the title with another word (like: Keeping Claudia) or does it strictly has to be just name?

2..."

Hello Zeljka,

1. That is fine as long as a name is in the title.
2. Debut reader
3. Yes that it fine.
4. Very flexible - that sounds pretty adventurous to me :)

message 16: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka | 101 comments Dee wrote: "Zeljka wrote: "Hi! I have a few questions as well.

1. A book with the title that's character's name: Can name be in the title with another word (like: Keeping Claudia) or does it strictly has to b..."

Thanks! :)