Goodreads Ireland discussion

Introductions > Hello

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 5 comments Hello all! My name is Kimberly and I am about 50% Irish and am always looking for new information and insights into all things Ireland. I live in the middle of the US in Nebraska. We live on a small acreage with horses and a handsome German Shepherd Dog! We have 3 daughters and 9 grandchildren. I’ve always been a reader, reading has gotten me through many tough times in my life. I’ve ordered my book for the next book club read and am greatly looking forward to participating. This is the first group I have joined on Goodreads that seems active. Thank you for having me!

message 2: by Thomas, Moderator (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1589 comments Mod
Welcome Kimberly

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Riley | 38 comments Hi Kimberly.

Bookworm with Kids Hi, Kimberly!Thanks for choosing Goodreads Ireland as your group. I think you will find that we are a chatty bunch here, there always seems to be conversations going on! I am looking forward to reading January's book too. I hope that the discussion will be lively.

message 5: by Thomas, Moderator (new)

Welcome Paul

message 6: by Maria Hill (new)

Maria Hill AKA MH Books (mariahilldublin) | 601 comments Hello and Welcome Kinberly and Paul. I hope you enjoy the group.

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna McCaul Thibodeau (celtic_donna) | 1143 comments Hi and welcome to Kimberly and Paul. This is a great group and I think you will enjoy being a part of it. Just jump into any discussion that interests you!

Bookworm with Kids Welcome, Paul. I hope you enjoy being a part of our group. It has always been really good to chat to different people on here about lots of books!

message 9: by Cathleen (last edited Dec 29, 2017 04:30AM) (new)

Cathleen | 2409 comments Hello everyone. My name is Cathleen and I live with my husband outside of Boston, MA. I’ve been a member of this group for awhile, but I haven’t been active on GoodReads for a long time, so it seemed logical to re-introduce myself. Looking forward to becoming an active member again and reading/chatting more about books. Happy New Year, everyone :).

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna McCaul Thibodeau (celtic_donna) | 1143 comments Hello and welcome, Cathleen.

message 11: by Thomas, Moderator (new)

Welcome Cathleen

message 12: by Cathleen (new)

Cathleen | 2409 comments Paul wrote: "Hi Cathleen (I like the spelling), And welcome back even though I am new to the group. I am really excited about trying this "bookclub thing" out. Where about do you live with your hubby as I am al..."

Hi Paul—Thanks for your welcome. We live in Carlisle, and I think it’s even smaller than Sherborn. Neither of us grew up in the Boston area—originally from NJ and PA—and lived in Framingham and Lexington before Carlisle. That’s so nice your daughters and grandkids are close by. Our siblings, nieces and nephews are scattered a wide distance—from MA to TX. It gives us plenty of opportunities to hit the road and visit :).

message 13: by Allan (new)

Allan Apologies for my late reply, but welcome back to posting to Cathleen - I know that you're one of those here with the longest group membership, and I look forward to your input once again!

message 14: by Cathleen (new)

Cathleen | 2409 comments Allan wrote: "Apologies for my late reply, but welcome back to posting to Cathleen - I know that you're one of those here with the longest group membership, and I look forward to your input once again!"

Thanks, Allan! I’m looking forward to a good reading year :). Hope you had a great time in NYC.