2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Dean’s 50 book challenge extravaganza.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dean J. (last edited Jan 14, 2018 03:09PM) (new)

Dean J. (deanjksmith) | 23 comments I’m always so optimistic about the fact that I’m going to hit a 50 book goal and I haven’t been able to hit it yet in my past couple of years on Goodreads. Here’s hoping next year is a winner!

Books read [2/50]:
January 1st - January 3rd: The Colour Of Magic
January 4th - January 14th: The Painted Veil

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Dean J. wrote: "I’m always so optimistic about the fact that I’m going to hit a 50 book goal and I haven’t been able to hit it yet in my past couple of years on Goodreads. Here’s hoping next year is a winner!"

Good luck with your goal Dean, we’ll all be rooting for you!! Have a very happy reading year!!

message 3: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Good Luck with your goal in 2018!

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 55 comments Good luck with your goal!

message 5: by Dean J. (last edited Jan 03, 2018 03:58PM) (new)

Dean J. (deanjksmith) | 23 comments January 1st - January 3rd:
The Colour Of Magic

Rating:
★★★★★

'My name is immaterial,' she said.
'That's a pretty name,' said Rincewind.

I'm honestly annoyed at myself for not starting this series sooner, because I don't think I've ever laughed more at a piece of fiction. It's absolutely my sense of humour and I relate to Rincewind so much that it's honestly a little scary. (view spoiler)

If I wasn't taking part in a reading challenge, I'd read this book again immediately.

message 6: by Dean J. (last edited Jan 15, 2018 08:32AM) (new)

Dean J. (deanjksmith) | 23 comments January 4th - January 14th:
The Painted Veil

Rating:
★★★☆☆

It took me a little while to get into it because I just found Kitty to be so absolutely vapid that it was somewhat unbearable. But she went through a lot of character development, and that made it a lot easier to actually get through the book.

The length of the book itself almost made it seem like things progressed incredibly quickly, and I was a little shocked that everything unfolded at the speed with which it did. I don't know if it's because I've read books recently that have been so long and felt like things were being drawn out unnecessarily. Either way, I was at the same time pleased it wasn't overly drawn out but also left feeling like everything was a little rushed.

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Congratulations on finishing your first two books keep up the great work and of course happy reading!

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Two months down ten to go! I hope March is a success for you.

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!