Mount TBR 2018 discussion

Buddy Reads > Looking for buddy reads

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mimmi (last edited Dec 27, 2017 07:31AM) (new)

Mimmi | 19 comments Hi, I'm new to this challenge and would like to get some extra motivation by buddy reading some books on my tbr. If you want to read any of these books with me, let me know!

1.The name of the star, Maureen Johnson
2. Everyday sexism, Laura Bates
3. Bad feminist, Roxanne Gay
4. The interpretation of murder, Jed Rubenfeld
5. 1,352 Days: An Inspirational Journey From Jail To Joy, Karin Volo
6. The last star, Rick Yancey
7. Die of shame, Mark Billingham
8. Nujeen, Nujeen Mustafa
9. Bad luck and trouble, Lee Child
10. The bone bed, Patricia Cornwell
11. About a boy, Nick Hornby
12. The kite runner, Khaled Hosseini
13. My grandmother asked me to tell you she's sorry, Fredrik Backman
14. The handmaid's tale, Margaret Atwood
15. Genuine fraud, E. Lockhart
16. It only happens in the movies, Holly Bourne
17. The girl in 6E, A.R. Torre
18. Kabul Beauty School: An American Woman Goes Behind the Veil, Deborah Rodriguez
19. Fire, Mats Strandberg

message 2: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 163 comments Genuine Fraud and The Handmaid's Tale are on my TBR as well! I would love to buddy read them =D

message 3: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi | 19 comments Natália wrote: "Genuine Fraud and The Handmaid's Tale are on my TBR as well! I would love to buddy read them =D"

Awesome! I'm a big mood reader so I would prefer it if we could set aside like a month or so for each book, so I can pick it up when the mood strikes :)

message 4: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 30 comments I'd like to read The Name of the Star, but not until after February if that's okay?

message 5: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi | 19 comments Brianna wrote: "I'd like to read The Name of the Star, but not until after February if that's okay?"

Totally fine with me! As I mentioned in the previous post it would be great if we could set aside like a month since I'm a huge mood reader :)

message 6: by Nadia (new)

Nadia (heartlesstree) | 10 comments I have Bad Feminist, Genuine Fraud and The Handmaid's Tale on my TBR. I'd like to join one of your buddy reads if possible :)

message 7: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 30 comments Mimmi wrote: "Brianna wrote: "I'd like to read The Name of the Star, but not until after February if that's okay?"

Totally fine with me! As I mentioned in the previous post it would be great if ..."

Would March/April work?

message 8: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 163 comments Mimmi wrote: "Natália wrote: "Genuine Fraud and The Handmaid's Tale are on my TBR as well! I would love to buddy read them =D"

Awesome! I'm a big mood reader so I would prefer it if we could set aside like a mo..."

I'm cool with that, I'm also a mood reader (although I love making lists that I know I'll never complete hahaha)

message 9: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi | 19 comments Brianna wrote: "Mimmi wrote: "Brianna wrote: "I'd like to read The Name of the Star, but not until after February if that's okay?"

Totally fine with me! As I mentioned in the previous post it woul..."

Brianna wrote: "Mimmi wrote: "Brianna wrote: "I'd like to read The Name of the Star, but not until after February if that's okay?"

Totally fine with me! As I mentioned in the previous post it woul..."

Definitely, that's fine with me! :)

message 10: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi | 19 comments Natália wrote: "Mimmi wrote: "Natália wrote: "Genuine Fraud and The Handmaid's Tale are on my TBR as well! I would love to buddy read them =D"

Awesome! I'm a big mood reader so I would prefer it if we could set a..."

Haha I love making lists too and rarely complete them. Do you want to buddy read both of the books or just one of them? :)

message 11: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi | 19 comments Nadia wrote: "I have Bad Feminist, Genuine Fraud and The Handmaid's Tale on my TBR. I'd like to join one of your buddy reads if possible :)"

I don't have a buddy read for Bad Feminist, if you want to do that. Otherwise, feel free to join any of the other ones :)

message 12: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 163 comments Mimmi wrote: "Natália wrote: "Mimmi wrote: "Natália wrote: "Genuine Fraud and The Handmaid's Tale are on my TBR as well! I would love to buddy read them =D"

Awesome! I'm a big mood reader so I would prefer it i..."

Both,both is good! It's a way to get me to really read them!

message 13: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 5 comments Hi, I’d love to read Kabul Beauty School, with you just let me know when!

message 14: by GlassasDiamonds (new)

GlassasDiamonds | 6 comments I'd be in for a buddy read of the Lee Child, let me know if/when it rolls around! :-)

message 15: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalyn) | 5 comments Mimmi wrote: "Hi, I'm new to this challenge and would like to get some extra motivation by buddy reading some books on my tbr. If you want to read any of these books with me, let me know!..."

I need to read Bad Feminist for a book club near the end of this month. When are you planning to read that one?

message 16: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthais) | 18 comments Stina wrote: "Mimmi wrote: "Hi, I'm new to this challenge and would like to get some extra motivation by buddy reading some books on my tbr. If you want to read any of these books with me, let me know!..."

I ne..."

I also want to read Bad Feminist!

message 17: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi | 19 comments Stina wrote: "Mimmi wrote: "Hi, I'm new to this challenge and would like to get some extra motivation by buddy reading some books on my tbr. If you want to read any of these books with me, let me know!..."

I ne..."

My tbr is full for January so definitely not this month. I have to discuss it with the other people who also want to buddy read it, so not sure exactly when yet.

message 18: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi | 19 comments Victoria wrote: "Hi, I’d love to read Kabul Beauty School, with you just let me know when!"

Awesome, maybe during February? :)

message 19: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi | 19 comments GlassasDiamonds wrote: "I'd be in for a buddy read of the Lee Child, let me know if/when it rolls around! :-)"

That'd be great, maybe during March or April? :)

message 20: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi | 19 comments Natália wrote: "Mimmi wrote: "Natália wrote: "Mimmi wrote: "Natália wrote: "Genuine Fraud and The Handmaid's Tale are on my TBR as well! I would love to buddy read them =D"

Awesome! I'm a big mood reader so I wou..."

Great, I'd love to read Genuine fraud pretty soon, but will probably hold off on the Handmaid's tale for a little while longer, just cause it seems like a pretty dense read. Maybe we could read Genuine fraud during February or March? :)

message 21: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 163 comments Mimmi wrote: "Natália wrote: "Mimmi wrote: "Natália wrote: "Mimmi wrote: "Natália wrote: "Genuine Fraud and The Handmaid's Tale are on my TBR as well! I would love to buddy read them =D"

Awesome! I'm a big mood..."

February maybe won't be a good month for me, because a couple of friends from another state are coming over to my house to spend a couple of weeks, so it'll be harder to read. But March is perfect!

message 22: by Candy (new)

Candy (beachbohemian) I'm up for the girl in 6E - if you haven't tackled it already. Let me know when you want to start

message 23: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi | 19 comments Candy wrote: "I'm up for the girl in 6E - if you haven't tackled it already. Let me know when you want to start"

I could start whenever, maybe we could read it in February? :)

message 24: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Mimmi wrote: "Hi, I'm new to this challenge and would like to get some extra motivation by buddy reading some books on my tbr. If you want to read any of these books with me, let me know!

1.The name of the sta..."

I would like to read The Kite Runner in April or May. It's on my TBR begging to be read lol Would that work for you at all?

message 25: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi | 19 comments Does anybody want to read any of these books during March? I'm doing emojiathon and need a buddy read for a challenge. No one has responded about the buddy reads in March so I don't know if they're still happening.

message 26: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 30 comments We had talked about doing The Name of the Star in March/April so we can do it in March if you'd like!

message 27: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi | 19 comments Brianna wrote: "We had talked about doing The Name of the Star in March/April so we can do it in March if you'd like!"

That would be great! Should we just do it throughout the entire month?

message 28: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi | 19 comments Dlyn wrote: "Mimmi wrote: "Hi, I'm new to this challenge and would like to get some extra motivation by buddy reading some books on my tbr. If you want to read any of these books with me, let me know!

1.The n..."

Dlyn wrote: "Mimmi wrote: "Hi, I'm new to this challenge and would like to get some extra motivation by buddy reading some books on my tbr. If you want to read any of these books with me, let me know!

1.The n..."

Yes I could do April or May, it doesn't really matter for me :)

message 29: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Mimmi wrote: "Dlyn wrote: "Mimmi wrote: "Hi, I'm new to this challenge and would like to get some extra motivation by buddy reading some books on my tbr. If you want to read any of these books with me, let me kn..."

April would be great! Thanks so much :)

message 30: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 30 comments Mimmi wrote: "Brianna wrote: "We had talked about doing The Name of the Star in March/April so we can do it in March if you'd like!"

That would be great! Should we just do it throughout the enti..."

That'd be good - I'm a much slower reader than I used to be. lol